Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The School of Hard Knox

photogravity

One of the Regulars
Here's one that arrived on my doorstep Saturday - a Knox Premier Madison Avenue. The condition is nearly perfect other than a little wear on the sweatband. The seller thought it may have been a bowler with a dent in the top and I, being a newbie, just wasn't sure. As it turns out the hat is not a bowler but, instead, a very nice short-brimmed fedora. There is probably a name for it, but it has a top center dent and I'm pretty sure it came that way. I'm not familiar with how to properly determine the age or era of a hot, but based on a little bit of research I'm guessing it's mid-1960's to early-1970's.

The first two were from the ad and the rest are ones I took this afternoon.

Knox Premier Madison Avenue (As Advertised) - 1 by Sallad Rialb, on Flickr

Knox Premier Madison Avenue (As Advertised) - 6 by Sallad Rialb, on Flickr

Knox Premier Madison Avenue - 4 by Sallad Rialb, on Flickr

Knox Premier Madison Avenue - 8 by Sallad Rialb, on Flickr

Knox Premier Madison Avenue - 6 by Sallad Rialb, on Flickr

Knox Premier Madison Avenue - 3 by Sallad Rialb, on Flickr

Knox Premier Madison Avenue - 7 by Sallad Rialb, on Flickr

Last edited:

navarre

Vendor
Here is a stingy and short little Foxhound that I just picked up. I wouldn't normally go for such small proportions, but i just really dug the houndstooth ribbon. This one did need a replacement of the sweatband. The Liner is still in pretty good shape though.

photogravity

One of the Regulars
Here is a stingy and short little Foxhound that I just picked up. I wouldn't normally go for such small proportions, but i just really dug the houndstooth ribbon. This one did need a replacement of the sweatband. The Liner is still in pretty good shape though.

That thing is the bees knees and the houndstooth ribbon exudes a charm all its own.

clintfisher

One of the Regulars
So beautiful

A very nice olive drab Knox Twenty. Has a taped sweat seam and an ovalized sixteenths size tag.

B

twenty_olive_1.jpg

twenty_olive_2.jpg

twenty_olive_3.jpg

twenty_olive_4.jpg

twenty_olive_5.jpg

twenty_olive_6.jpg

twenty_olive_7.jpg

twenty_olive_8.jpg

navarre

Vendor
Just found one of the hats off my list. I have very much wanted to see a Dobb's Airflow for sometime. Yesterday I scored this Knox version. It lacks the ventalated sweatband, which really cuts down on the effectiveness of the open weave design. But it was a great find and in wonderful shape.

clintfisher

One of the Regulars
Knox Premier, she's got a few moth bites but overall, hardly worn and nice color scheme. There's just something about that Knox quality...Also needs a reblocking.

lWabEkM.jpg

PPNzs5F.jpg

WLZaXM5.jpg

zuksuXE.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy