Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The School of Hard Knox

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Here are better pics, taken with an iPad. The first and last make it look whiter than it actually is:

Knox_01.jpg Knox_04.jpg

Knox_02.jpg Knox_03.jpg

The sweatband says "Scarbrough and Sons, Austin." Does that suggest that it's the original sweatband?

Here are better pics, taken with an iPad. The first and last make it look whiter than it actually is:

View attachment 78466 View attachment 78467

View attachment 78468 View attachment 78469

The sweatband says "Scarbrough and Sons, Austin." Does that suggest that it's the original sweatband?
IMHO the fact that a store logo is on the sweat would be a clue that it is original. It may have had some repair work over its long life, but they appear to have retained the original sweat. Is it in a condition where you can see any tags under it?

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
IMHO the fact that a store logo is on the sweat would be a clue that it is original. It may have had some repair work over its long life, but they appear to have retained the original sweat. Is it in a condition where you can see any tags under it?
It's flexible, but no tags underneath.

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I had posted this Tom 'n' Jerry in another thread earlier this year. I needed to work on the bow which I did. At the time I didn't know this thread existed. So now I am posting it here. The color is hard to deal with picture wise. Depending on the light is looks blue-steel to gray. I just love the spiral stitching on the brim.

IMG_2120.jpg

IMG_2129.jpg
IMG_2128.jpg
IMG_2127.jpg
IMG_2121.jpg

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I had posted this Tom 'n' Jerry in another thread earlier this year. I needed to work on the bow which I did. At the time I didn't know this thread existed. So now I am posting it here. The color is hard to deal with picture wise. Depending on the light is looks blue-steel to gray. I just love the spiral stitching on the brim.

]

Tasty stuff.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 78976
View attachment 78972 View attachment 78973 View attachment 78974 View attachment 78975
A very special hat, for sure!

View attachment 78976
View attachment 78972 View attachment 78973 View attachment 78974 View attachment 78975
Yummy brim stitching!

View attachment 78976
Great looking hat. I believe there's a Spiral Stitch Thread somewhere on the lounge. It could use a revival.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
My daughter's Tom 'n' Jerry I grabbed off the bay for her birthday. This is super lightweight felt, but has the embroidered Tom 'n' Jerry liner. The sweat has some cracking but looks solid enough to wear as-is. The felt really is incredible. Lighter than my featherweight Champ and Portis, super velvety hand, amazingly malleable and the brim finished with a simple underwelt. A full 2-3/4" brim and a sexy pug in place of a crown ribbon.

No head shots yet, but Lil' Fed is very excited about her new hat. (No one bid against me, either, and at $50 with free shipping I figure I got a real deal)

i-CWbXCKJ-L.jpg

i-S8H2W2Q-L.jpg

i-ZSHbSKj-L.jpg

i-JTtffWj-L.jpg

i-Sdg2thV-L.jpg

i-7v2Zgms-L.jpg

RJR

My daughter's Tom 'n' Jerry I grabbed off the bay for her birthday. This is super lightweight felt, but has the embroidered Tom 'n' Jerry liner. The sweat has some cracking but looks solid enough to wear as-is. The felt really is incredible. Lighter than my featherweight Champ and Portis, super velvety hand, amazingly malleable and the brim finished with a simple underwelt. A full 2-3/4" brim and a sexy pug in place of a crown ribbon.

No head shots yet, but Lil' Fed is very excited about her new hat. (No one bid against me, either, and at $50 with free shipping I figure I got a real deal)

i-CWbXCKJ-L.jpg

i-S8H2W2Q-L.jpg

i-ZSHbSKj-L.jpg

i-JTtffWj-L.jpg

i-Sdg2thV-L.jpg

i-7v2Zgms-L.jpg
Super catch.

No head shots yet, but Lil' Fed is very excited about her new hat. (No one bid against me, either, and at $50 with free shipping I figure I got a real deal
]

Good get for the Lil' Fed.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

i-CWbXCKJ-L.jpg

i-S8H2W2Q-L.jpg

i-ZSHbSKj-L.jpg

i-JTtffWj-L.jpg

i-Sdg2thV-L.jpg

i-7v2Zgms-L.jpg
The kid has style! I wonder if her friends appreciate the class she portrays wearing these vintage beauties! Great snag for Lil' Fed!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points