Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The short length of Aero-leather CR

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
IMG_8163.jpeg

IMG_8164.jpeg

I know you said you already decided to go with Aero but I have to reiterate the recommendation to go for Vanson and their Comet cafe racer. It is designed to be a short jacket. This is how it looks on me with high rise jeans and body length of 182 cm in a size 40. For classic motorcycle style jackets, Vanson is top of the line in my opinion. Superb patterns that will be comfortable and easy to move in.

GUYSWEETLAND

New in Town
View attachment 553255

View attachment 553256

I know you said you already decided to go with Aero but I have to reiterate the recommendation to go for Vanson and their Comet cafe racer. It is designed to be a short jacket. This is how it looks on me with high rise jeans and body length of 182 cm in a size 40. For classic motorcycle style jackets, Vanson is top of the line in my opinion. Superb patterns that will be comfortable and easy to move in.
There you are!
Your torso looks very short, too.
From my point of view, It's an ideal fit.
I spent a lot of money on leather jacket, so I'll consider it for my next salary
Many thanks!

GUYSWEETLAND

New in Town
Here's look at the Brooks Leather Fit I bought on eBay.

KakaoTalk_20231019_215347803.jpg

KakaoTalk_20231019_215347803_01.jpg

KakaoTalk_20231019_215347803_02.jpg

It's a size 40, but it's too small for me.
I can only wear a t-shirt underneath.
Are they size made this small? The length was still long, so I repaired.
Has only 23 inches long.
The windbreaker also cut off.

I purchased Aero CR size 40.
Perhaps the shoulders, p2p and hem circumference will be relaxed.
The length will be similar to Brooks.

I hope there is not much difference fit compared to Brooks Leather.
I considered it for a moment size 38,
But I use to size 40 schott jacket.
Therefore I chose as it is.

What do you think?
Brooks size 40 is this tight,
Aero size 40 would be right, right?

Last edited:

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
What leather did you choose for your Aero CR? Their leather selection is so wide the temper difference between them can make a difference in the drape and fit.

Brooks looks a bit tight but can work.

If you are size 40 Schott jacket go with size 40 Aero CR. Aero has misleading P2P (looks big but fits smaller) than other brands. I am quite certain Aero CR size 40 minus some length will work for you. Interested to find where they cut the length from, above the kidney panel or from the kidney panel. I would prefer the later so the pattern shape remains the same. The Aero CR is one of the few patterns that is both "Y" and ") (" at the same time. Very nice. Collar could be wider for some though.

GUYSWEETLAND

New in Town
What leather did you choose for your Aero CR? Their leather selection is so wide the temper difference between them can make a difference in the drape and fit.

Brooks looks a bit tight but can work.

If you are size 40 Schott jacket go with size 40 Aero CR. Aero has misleading P2P (looks big but fits smaller) than other brands. I am quite certain Aero CR size 40 minus some length will work for you. Interested to find where they cut the length from, above the kidney panel or from the kidney panel. I would prefer the later so the pattern shape remains the same. The Aero CR is one of the few patterns that is both "Y" and ") (" at the same time. Very nice. Collar could be wider for some though.
Thank you for your advice.
It's great help.^.^
I was confused because the p2p of Aero widely marked.
I chose the cxl fqhh leather and requested the length to be as short as Brooks jacket on top.

aero the heritage

New in Town
Hi. Since we seem similar build and we both asian, I wanna share what I've gone thru. I'm 5'7 and 172lbs. I prefer length to be hitting right on belt and I typically wear mid to high rise jeans. I started with Aero dustbowl sz 38. P2p 22 back length 22.5. It became my fit jacket. Johnson leathers trucker with sz 40, p2p 22.5 back 23. Lost worlds easy ryder cr with sz 38, p2p 22 back 23. Lewis leathers corsair with sz 42 with p2p 23 and back 23.5 is upcoming next yr. I had to make sure to know of all the measurements of what I prefer on p2p, shoulder, sleeves, length on back, front drop, width of hem etc. Pattern of jacket also is huge factor to consider, placement of armholes, thickness of hides etc. I figure when it comes to stock size, it really doesn't give you much infos especially for those with uncommon body proportion like what we have. In same brand, maker, manufacturer, depending on which model/pattern, it could be whole different measurements even when they all are sz 40. The point I'm trying to deliver to you is that for fellow members here to help you in optimum way will be after you have all the measurements of your body or outta your fit jacket. It was same help I was getting but the depth of understanding was so much deeper and bigger after I realized all these above I mentioned.

GUYSWEETLAND

New in Town
Hi. Since we seem similar build and we both asian, I wanna share what I've gone thru. I'm 5'7 and 172lbs. I prefer length to be hitting right on belt and I typically wear mid to high rise jeans. I started with Aero dustbowl sz 38. P2p 22 back length 22.5. It became my fit jacket. Johnson leathers trucker with sz 40, p2p 22.5 back 23. Lost worlds easy ryder cr with sz 38, p2p 22 back 23. Lewis leathers corsair with sz 42 with p2p 23 and back 23.5 is upcoming next yr. I had to make sure to know of all the measurements of what I prefer on p2p, shoulder, sleeves, length on back, front drop, width of hem etc. Pattern of jacket also is huge factor to consider, placement of armholes, thickness of hides etc. I figure when it comes to stock size, it really doesn't give you much infos especially for those with uncommon body proportion like what we have. In same brand, maker, manufacturer, depending on which model/pattern, it could be whole different measurements even when they all are sz 40. The point I'm trying to deliver to you is that for fellow members here to help you in optimum way will be after you have all the measurements of your body or outta your fit jacket. It was same help I was getting but the depth of understanding was so much deeper and bigger after I realized all these above I mentioned.
I'm so happy to know you.
As you said, the people here very kind and truly helpful.
Referring to your measurements, size 40 seems suitable.
I measured the size of the clothes I had and compared them.

Honestly, I want to be as cool as this person's fit. Screenshot_20231019_123842_Chrome.jpg

It's just so hard to wait 8 weeks.
Thank you for your kind reply. ^~^

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Honestly, I want to be as cool as this person's fit. View attachment 553912

Here are three links from CR/Sheene (it's the same but with a collar).
Maybe you can imagine how they turn out.
My Sheene in size 40 had a P2P of about 24" and just under 19" shoulders. When I looked at Thurston Bros, the size 40s were in the 23"-24" P2P pattern.

sz 40:
https://www.thurston-bros.com/colle...aero-cafe-racer-size-40-black-cxl-steerhide-1
https://www.thurston-bros.com/collections/aero-stock/products/aero-sheene-size-40-natural-cxl-fqhh-2

sz 38:
https://www.thurston-bros.com/collections/aero-stock/products/aero-sheene-size-38-brown-cxl-fqhh-1

aero the heritage

New in Town

Honestly, I want to be as cool as this person's fit. View attachment 553912

I tell you the secret. It's the width of back and shoulder we need to work on and achieve. All the problems get solved. Have them just a bit more expanded then all of sudden jackets start fit much better. Start doing pull ups.

GUYSWEETLAND

New in Town
Here are three links from CR/Sheene (it's the same but with a collar).
Maybe you can imagine how they turn out.
My Sheene in size 40 had a P2P of about 24" and just under 19" shoulders. When I looked at Thurston Bros, the size 40s were in the 23"-24" P2P pattern.

sz 40:
https://www.thurston-bros.com/colle...aero-cafe-racer-size-40-black-cxl-steerhide-1
https://www.thurston-bros.com/collections/aero-stock/products/aero-sheene-size-40-natural-cxl-fqhh-2

sz 38:
https://www.thurston-bros.com/collections/aero-stock/products/aero-sheene-size-38-brown-cxl-fqhh-1
Thank you for showing me a nice sample links. Your outfit picture is always intense.
I respect you for being cool regardless of age.(☞゚ヮ゚)☞

GUYSWEETLAND

New in Town
I tell you the secret. It's the width of back and shoulder we need to work on and achieve. All the problems get solved. Have them just a bit more expanded then all of sudden jackets start fit much better. Start doing pull ups.
In Korea, people tend to wear smaller than their own size.
So they whining that the jacket is uncomfortable.
Maybe they don't know exactly the size indicated in foreign countries.
So did I, who came here.

I know that how uncomfortable a leather jacket is when it's small.
But even a big jacket with a humble body is ridiculous.

As you said, I want to make a nice fit through more pull-ups.

MrProper

What I wanted to mention... I had to learn that a CR/Sheene is not suitable for slim fit and looks much better when it sits a little more relaxed. I only came up with size 38 on you because then of course it can be a tiny bit shorter, should Aero not get the 40 short enough. Otherwise, I actually think a little bigger is better.
Here's a picture of my CR, which was way too big from the width (unfortunately also clearly too short in the front), but still looks pretty cool, I think. Because it was so wide, I have always worn layers underneath.

IMG_1564.jpeg IMG_3306.jpeg IMG_3308.jpeg

GUYSWEETLAND

New in Town
What I wanted to mention... I had to learn that a CR/Sheene is not suitable for slim fit and looks much better when it sits a little more relaxed. I only came up with size 38 on you because then of course it can be a tiny bit shorter, should Aero not get the 40 short enough. Otherwise, I actually think a little bigger is better.
Here's a picture of my CR, which was way too big from the width (unfortunately also clearly too short in the front), but still looks pretty cool, I think. Because it was so wide, I have always worn layers underneath.

View attachment 554200 View attachment 554201 View attachment 554203
I'm not perfect like your nice body. It's my body, which is what I would call skinny obesity, so it might not be an issue in width. Thank you for your detailed reply.

Albe64

One of the Regulars
Thank you for your reply. I wrote here because it's hard to expect a quick answer from Aero.
I want someone to stretch me out in my heart. lol
My last experience with Aero in june was just perfect: I ordered a Windward model half inch lower in the waist and half inch longer in the sleeves....Perfect fit! Of course I wear only high waist trousers...

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
If you've got a disproportionately short torso is it advisable to go with a short jacket? A little length might help balance you out.

I have the opposite problem, my torso is long in proportion to my arms and legs. I've heard that a short jacket in my case will help balance out my look, but I'll admit that I ignore that advice, as I abhor short-looking jackets, and like a little extra length

GUYSWEETLAND

New in Town
If you've got a disproportionately short torso is it advisable to go with a short jacket? A little length might help balance you out.

I have the opposite problem, my torso is long in proportion to my arms and legs. I've heard that a short jacket in my case will help balance out my look, but I'll admit that I ignore that advice, as I abhor short-looking jackets, and like a little extra length
That's interesting.
I think fashion is to show your strengths in your body shape. Then my strength would be the legs than torso. Wearing a short jacket will give the effect of making them look longer. That's why I prefer short jackets. @.@

MrProper

That's interesting.
I think fashion is to show your strengths in your body shape. Then my strength would be the legs than torso. Wearing a short jacket will give the effect of making them look longer. That's why I prefer short jackets. @.@
Tastes really are different.
I like it more proportioned and low rise trousers help to visually shorten my legs. If I had a longer torso, I would rather wear high rise trousers, which do not fold over and thus visually lengthen my legs.
It's only with women that I like to see long legs.

Albe64

One of the Regulars
That's interesting.
Antoher way of looking at a jacket's length is the one regarding style: if you dig "before WWII" style (large, high waist trousers combined with short, fitted knitwear/jackets) you have to go for wide bottom and short/fitted up....On reverse, in the '60s you get the longest (up) and fitted (down) silouettes. Then, of course, you have to find the right balance with your body type....but I see many guys who are deep in a certain style and they have the ability/confidence of stretching the rules. For sure I would never match a short jacket (being an Aero Windward or a Vanson lone star) with low waist denim

GUYSWEETLAND

New in Town
Antoher way of looking at a jacket's length is the one regarding style: if you dig "before WWII" style (large, high waist trousers combined with short, fitted knitwear/jackets) you have to go for wide bottom and short/fitted up....On reverse, in the '60s you get the longest (up) and fitted (down) silouettes. Then, of course, you have to find the right balance with your body type....but I see many guys who are deep in a certain style and they have the ability/confidence of stretching the rules. For sure I would never match a short jacket (being an Aero Windward or a Vanson lone star) with low waist denim
I'm not wearing high-rise at all. In the picture, I just wore Regular Tapered Jeans - Levi's® 502 ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner