Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Single & Ridiculously Good-Lookin' Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Brill

One Too Many
Lincsong said:
I wonder if Camilla and Hillary are related?

That reminds me, anyone remember that book about Nancy Reagan & it said when she was an actress she went somewhere on a long road trip with 2 guys and whoever wasn't driving got to have sex with her in the back seat of the car?

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
Diamondback said:
Doc, I was referring to the entire history of the European royal families.

My apologies.
Thank you, Diamondback, I appreciate that. It irritates me greatly that while the President of the United States has mandated deference here, the rest of the world seems fair game for insult and snide comments.

The thread was heading specifically in the British direction at that point, referring to the difference between the Prince of Wales' first (arranged, in case people forget, and which duty compelled him to accept) marriage and his second, where he has been lucky enough to end up with the love of his life. Your comment happened to tip the balance.

Of course, one might note that anywhere in the world people are likely to marry within their own set. There are only so many Vanderbilts, Morgans and suchlike, too.

If ever there was anyone worthy of ridicule/insult, it's a head of state. Whichever state. They get far too much pandering. At least in other countries the head of state has some form of mandate.

As for Charles, good luck to him. Diana was no saint. Must've been hell to live with (so must he, of course. Is anyone not?).

bk

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
Baron Kurtz said:
If ever there was anyone worthy of ridicule/insult, it's a head of state. Whichever state. They get far too much pandering. At least in other countries the head of state has some form of mandate.
I agree, Baron: fair game for all. We have differing positions on the monarchy, but this isn't the place to argue them (and I think we'll just end up agreeing to disagree anyway).

Baron Kurtz said:
As for Charles, good luck to him. Diana was no saint. Must've been hell to live with (so must he, of course. Is anyone not?).
The situation was no different from any marriage among the rich in the last thousand years, bar one important detail: discretion. If more people had managed to keep their mouths shut none of this would have bothered anyone.

M Tatterscratch

A-List Customer
[QUOTE="Doc" Devereux]Enough.

This is an insult to the British head of state. The Prince of Wales may not hold that position at this time, but his mother does.[/QUOTE]

Well defended, Doctor D.

God save Her Majesty The Queen and His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales. Take us back!

T. for Tory

M Tatterscratch

A-List Customer
Edward said:
Politics, shurely, gentlemen....

I jus' mean the Doctor was a bold and fair-minded mediator of the situation, and the monarchs of Great Britain are swell in my book, along with Guy Fawkes, Charles I and II, Oliver Cromwell, King Arthur, the Pope, Martin Luther, the Lollards, Cathars, and Mithraists - Heck, I love everyone. :rolleyes:

Except for men in sandals. They should be vapourised, regardless of race, creed, or political association. :rage:

T.

Edward

Bartender
Pink Dahlia said:
Hey I'm still single and really really ridiculously good looking! ;)

The latter is very true, making the former all the more incredible.

M Tatterscratch said:
I jus' mean the Doctor was a bold and fair-minded mediator of the situation, and the monarchs of Great Britain are swell in my book, along with Guy Fawkes, Charles I and II, Oliver Cromwell, King Arthur, the Pope, Martin Luther, the Lollards, Cathars, and Mithraists - Heck, I love everyone. :rolleyes:

lol

guy Fawkes was framed, though! ;)

Except for men in sandals. They should be vapourised, regardless of race, creed, or political association. :rage:
Pink Dahlia said:
Down with the mandals! :eusa_clap

Jesus, Moses and Elijah ain't real popular round your way then, eh? :p (Mind you, if the good Lord returned today, I'd epect him to be wearing spectators, but that's another matter....). :p

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Edward said:
Jesus, Moses and Elijah ain't real popular round your way then, eh? :p (Mind you, if the good Lord returned today, I'd epect him to be wearing spectators, but that's another matter....). :p
Yeah, but they didn't wear them with socks! lol

Faythe, also still ridiculously single :eek:

pretty faythe

One Too Many
LocktownDog said:
Pink, Faythe -

I've got two eyes ... one winking at each of you lovely ladies. Of course, now it just looks like I'm having a seizure of some sort. :D

Richard
lol...thank you kind sir. If in fact you were having a seizure, I believe I remember enough first aid to asist you.lol

(now on the way out the door to go to the hall to ((crosess fingers)) get in the first wave of calls for conventions calls yay!!!!!!!!!)

Miss Brill

One Too Many
Baron Kurtz said:

ITA. I get sick of people slobbering over politicians like they are Gods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic