Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Single & Ridiculously Good-Lookin' Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Brill

One Too Many
Pink Dahlia said:
For me it's not the age so much as what I personally find attractive.

That is what I go by too. I have such varied tastes. I don't care if a man has money, or wears suits, or if he is a bricklayer, or mechanic. The age thing doesn't matter in every situation, but I don't think older people can appreciate my cavalier attitude. lol

No, it's a fatal flaw hardcoded into how my brain is miswired. Most people "think" --if you can call people today "thinking"*snort*--using the frontal lobe of the brain, and my frontal is clinically braindead, it's like I was given a lobotomy at birth (but with all of the tissue still present). Thus, I think more with the occipital/temporal/parietal lobes, more like how an animal thinks--albeit a much more intelligent, extremely calculating version. (Hence, my ex-boss's nickname for me as her "pet rattlesnake"...)

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Miss Brill said:
What is with them? My girl dog didn't do that. My male is part Aussie Shepherd, so I think he is trying to herd me. [huh]

My dog's a herding dog too! lol lol lol lol lol

You're my new BFF!

Miss Brill

One Too Many
Diamondback said:
No, it's a fatal flaw hardcoded into how my brain is miswired. Most people "think" --if you can call people today "thinking"*snort*--using the frontal lobe of the brain, and my frontal is clinically braindead, it's like I was given a lobotomy at birth (but with all of the tissue still present). Thus, I think more with the occipital/temporal/parietal lobes, more like how an animal thinks--albeit a much more intelligent, extremely calculating version. (Hence, my ex-boss's nickname for me as her "pet rattlesnake"...)

Did you ever watch that National Geographic Channel show about Howard Hughes? It was very interesting, they talked about his plane crashes & how his brain became re-wired to be obsessive-compulsive by it.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Honestly I wouldn't ask any man to be on constant vigilant guard, that sounds like it would be exhausting for both people.

@Miss Brill: I didn't, but obesssive-compulsive is one of the recurring themes with Asperger's syndrome, and I believe Hughes' quirks started with AS before everything else drove him completely looneytunes. Have to check it out, thanks for the headsup!

@Viola: Yes, constant red-alert is very draining, I lived that way for five years, but I'm talking about more at a yellow or orange level, being watchful for possible trouble but not tensed up like a spring ready to let go. Just looking for suspicious activity, not aggressively "pieing" corners or anything like that.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
I'm far too lazy to own a herding dog.

My doggies are up when I'm up and willing to do whatever, but if there's nothing going on they chill and lay down.

The Border Collies and shepherds I know will alphabetize your bookshelves before they take a nap.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
My cat is taken. She's sleeping on top of the dog (she weighs eight lbs, he weighs 85) right now, and clearly pleased as can be with herself about it.

Miss Brill

One Too Many
Viola said:
My cat is taken. She's sleeping on top of the dog (she weighs eight lbs, he weighs 85) right now, and clearly pleased as can be with herself about it.

That is funny. My cat used to like to show off by jumping up on a table & kicking papers off (giggling the whole time). He also likes to show off how fast he can run. Or he used to like showing off how fast he could run. Now he just runs to the box & then back to his room before the dog gets him.

Ada Veen

Practically Family
My 2 cents on the Bogart/Bacall affair controversy - look at Prince Charles - married to a pretty young thing, but only a more mature lady could scratch that itch...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou