Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Single & Ridiculously Good-Lookin' Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pink Dahlia said:
Oh well there goes my special feeling!

Hey, you got first crack at it--that should be worth something!lol

OTOH, it strikes me that the question's kinda fixed: who's gonna seriously admit to placing appearance or financials first?

Of course, I technically shouldn't even be in this thread due to "appearance issues", but since I'm here anyway...lol

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Diamondback said:
Hey, you got first crack at it--that should be worth something!lol

OTOH, it strikes me that the question's kinda fixed: who's gonna seriously admit to placing appearance or financials first?
Only the truly superficial? Superficial types are maybe only concerned with appearances and the temporal.
Appearance and finance don't last, heart does. :)

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Diamondback said:
Just for the heck of it, four qualifications folks look for in a sweetie:

Brains (intelligence)
Heart (love, deep emotional commitment)
Muscles (self-explanatory, but we'll say it includes all the superficial stuff)
Wallet (the mercenary stuff: cash, trust-funds, financial instruments)

Which are the most important? Pick two, any two that you consider the biggest "must-haves".

Humm deee dumm...letsss sseee.....mmmmm......Have to have brains...I just can't go for people that I have to break down the meaning of all the words that I use. Umm....can't say I go for muscle......my history of boyfriends have gone from one end of the sprectrum to the other....so it would have to be heart. I don't want some one who couldn't care less about me, been there done that. While I may have had fun, the committment and bond was sadly lacking. :(

ferryengr

One of the Regulars
pretty faythe said:
Humm deee dumm...letsss sseee.....mmmmm......Have to have brains...I just can't go for people that I have to break down the meaning of all the words that I use. Umm....can't say I go for muscle......my history of boyfriends have gone from one end of the sprectrum to the other....so it would have to be heart. I don't want some one who couldn't care less about me, been there done that. While I may have had fun, the committment and bond was sadly lacking. :(

For myself, girlfriends won't last long unless they are OK with me being the leader. I just do not have the constitution to be a follower or to be submissive. This does not mean I won't respect a woman. Just that I gotta be the one that "wears the pants". I still would always be loving and caring. My internal makeup works for some women and not others. But it is who I am . . .

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
ferryengr said:
For myself, girlfriends won't last long unless they are OK with me being the leader. I just do not have the constitution to be a follower or to be submissive. This does not mean I won't respect a woman. Just that I gotta be the one that "wears the pants". I still would always be loving and caring. My internal makeup works for some women and not others. But it is who I am . . .

By "wearing the pants" does that mean buying me stuff too? ;)

Brooksie

One Too Many
skwerl-hat said:
actually its a beanie! *:eek:
Not as ridiculously good looking as the gentleman in my avatar, but single for sure.

nor mine! :-D

skwerl-hat, are you wearing Charles Bukowski's Beanie or is he wearing your's???

Brooksie

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Pink Dahlia said:
Oh well there goes my special feeling!

To add as far as muscles go, my beau (whomever that lucky gent ends up being) doesn't have to be the best looking bloke in the wide world but I have to be physically attracted to him. I personally cannot form an intimate relationship with someone I am not attracted to.

This is true, but take my advice, someday you might meet a man and not be that physically attracted to him. But, you get to know him as a friend. You hang out, grow closer, and before you know it what you thought was just an average looking guy becomes the most beautiful man to you. This is what happened with me and the man I was engaged to. We talked on the phone and went out a couple of times as friends. He wanted more at the time, I didn't. But I decided to go on a date. I really thought that it was just to appease him and at the end of it he wouldn't want to date me any more. But one date turned into many dates over about a 5 month period. One day I realized I was in love with him, I didn't want to be without him and I didn't want to be with anybody else. He felt the same way luckily. So this man that I thought I would never be physically attracted to became the most beautiful man in the world to me. A great personality and a kind, caring and generous heart can make one physically attracted to someone, even if that physical attraction isn't there from the get go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy