Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The SJC Clothing Thread - Show us what you have or wish to have!

What is your preferred fabric for the upcoming SCJ 1918 and 1930 winter suits?

• Beige [url]http://imgur.com/R0lY886[/url]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sand [url]http://imgur.com/6TiWcLk[/url]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Magnificent stuff. Very happy for him. I think he will do quite well. The sjc forum is very collaborative. A great initiative.

patina

New in Town
Hello,

I wanted to see some work shirts like the examples used by the models on the website. I think the 1930's style work shirt would solidify an outfit.

- Patrick

Last edited:

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Bandanas arrived last friday. Very happy with them. Silk feels wonderful. And the print looks like the designer has an excellent taste. :p
4ryKp1Gl.jpg

Y8FgIntl.jpg

Edward

Bartender
I've ordered the 30s Big B Dungarees, hunting vest and eight dart cap all in the Wabash; really looking forward to those arriving. I don't think I'll be wearing them all as one ensemble(!), but I'm really looking forward to them arriving. Already have the two bandanas and the Big Bs in the regular, 18oz selvedge. The Wabash is a Summer weight; 12 oz denim, I believe. Simon did at some point note the possibility of a heavier, Winter version in due course. If ever I managed to get myself on a motorcycle, I'd definitely be looking into the kevlar-lined denims.

It's a really nice collection building up under the SJC line. I'm looking forward to seeing the tweed suits and such added to the denim.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yes, the tweed suits. Everyone who tried to get away with tweaking a made to measure online offer to get a suit with vintage details can confirm that it is not easy and will most likely go wrong. Then you're out of money and have another half assed garment taking up closet space. I am optimistic that with the work of SJC and his tailors we'll finally be able to order a vintage looking suit in our exact size and fit. The tweed that was selected for this project looks top notch.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Ok folks. Simon is working on some amazing shoes. They are made from leather and canvas and feature a tarsal strap (do we need a tarsal strap? no. Do we want a tarsal strap? Hell yes!)
If these appeal to you, check out his forum: http://www.sjcforum.com/

This isn't the finished version, there are going to be a few tweaks, here and there (such as a brogueing on the toecap). It will be available in a choice of colours but I am not yet sure which ones it will be:
16efM72.jpg

xsZrSUn.jpg

Here's the text from his website:
"SJC is to launch a Kickstarter with a range of beautiful shoes and boots in the offering. Here is a 1920's style SJC Cream Canvas Spectator shoe with Metatarsal Strap lined in calfskin with Cordovan leather trim - please note - these are sample versions, there have been many iterations since this shoe. The final versions will be due next week, so look out. The Kickstarter will follow soon thereafter and prices will be exceptional, so put some Xmas penny's aside for this offer."

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Some pics of my new Brakeman jeans - arrived a couple of days ago, so they've gone through a 40 degree wash and been dried, they lost somewhere in the region of 0.5" or so. The denim's 50 per cent cotton, 50 per cent sugar cane, and as such is extremely characterful - heavy slub and nubbing. The mixed nature of the cloth means it's a little itchy at the moment, but that'll disappear with a couple of days wear. The fit is very comfortable, looks very cool and should slide into the top slot of my denim collection easily. Anyway, here a few pics. Apologies for the lighting, it was a particularly gloomy day up here.

upload_2015-12-3_22-41-45.png

upload_2015-12-3_22-42-25.png

upload_2015-12-3_22-43-6.png

upload_2015-12-3_22-43-37.png

upload_2015-12-3_22-44-3.png

upload_2015-12-3_22-44-29.png

upload_2015-12-3_22-45-3.png

upload_2015-12-3_22-45-28.png

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members