Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The SJC Clothing Thread - Show us what you have or wish to have!

What is your preferred fabric for the upcoming SCJ 1918 and 1930 winter suits?

• Beige [url]http://imgur.com/R0lY886[/url]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sand [url]http://imgur.com/6TiWcLk[/url]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
French Cancan blog posted a prototype SJC shawl collar grizzly jacket that will be available for winter 17/18.
http://fcancan.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/la-gazette-du-grizzly-part-12.html

2SQXSGS.jpg

Also, SJC now have a small stock of their awesome 20s flannel dress and work shirts.
sjc+simonjamescathcart+work+flannel+shirts.jpg

http://www.simonjamescathcart.com/sjc-flannel-shirts/

willyto

One Too Many
For those of you who were on the edge about buying from SJC. You have a great chance now, Simon is offering Free Worldwide shipping:

jljOc3K.jpg

nyBUIRL.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Mn. I was holding off ordering something more until I get paid again, but I think I might have to jump on the free shipping.... I'm liking the mustard Oviatt, and I might just consider one of the flannel shirts. I have three of the lnogsleeve polos on the way, which I'm very much looking forward to.

The Grizzly is interesting. I wasn't sure about it in the black, but I think it looks great in the brown.

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
SJC have helped me see beyond my Leather Jacket obsession (praise the Lord).

Totally delighted with the short sleeved Polo, Summer 2016. Purchased four & two neckerchiefs to match. Sold off all my Fred Perrys to raise the funds.

Winter 2016 & I ordered a long sleeved Polo & Waistcoat. Totally sold now on those Oviatts! When the cheques come in, I'm getting one in cream!!!!

The Grizzly could be over stretching my finances :)

Edward

Bartender
THe Oviatts are lovely. I'd already ordered longsleeve polos in the jade, burgundy and navy, so I didn't want to repeat those with the Oviatt. Nearly went the safe route with the cream, but on a wild notion opted for taking a chance on the mustard. Very glad I did; I love it. Wearing it today with a green tweed jacket.

I also picked up one of the flannel dress shirts; I'll be looking at the other colours in that asap too. Lovely stuff.

bn1966

I am sorely tempted by an Oviatt, admire your choice of the mustard...very bold, thinking of playing it safe with the cream version :) Saw the Flannel shirts at American Classics last Sunday...very nice...

bn1966

Well, I caved in and purchased a cream Oviatt..lovely..trouble is I now want one in Mustard too :)

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
I just received my cream chinos, light grey flannels und 2017 summer polos. I am so pleased with these! The polos are even better than last year's. The trousers are both in the same true 1930s cut, just splendid. The fabric for the chinos is a gorgeous, very light poplin from 1920s British trousers that Simon had rewoven. The flannels come in cream and grey, both fabrics also woven especially for these trousers. The grey is very versatile, nice and fuzzy with a slightly rougher hand (still soft, but sturdy with a vintage vibe). I am very pleased with all items! Check them out, the polos come in many colors, chinos in cream, blue and brown.

Edward

Bartender
Please excuse the slight dishevillment in this image: industrial quantities of gin (using rum and whiskey as a mixer) had been consumed by this point in the afternoon. I recall two cameras; apparently I focussed on the correct one....

20139899_10159034072365300_1326994373232195073_n.jpg

Smoking cap - custom, blazer - Samuel Windsor.

Neckerchief, Oviatt longsleeve polo, 30s cut chinos, leather and canvas spectator shoes - all SJC.

bn1966

Only purchased 4 Polos this time around :) Really loving the new Summer Polo..the black version is now a wardrobe staple. Zig Zag silk scarves are gorgeous!!!! Chinos splendid!!!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Please excuse the slight dishevillment in this image: industrial quantities of gin (using rum and whiskey as a mixer) had been consumed by this point in the afternoon. I recall two cameras; apparently I focussed on the correct one....

Neckerchief, Oviatt longsleeve polo, 30s cut chinos, leather and canvas spectator shoes - all SJC.
Those Samuel Windsor summer blazers are great value. Better still, if you look them up on the SW website after October, you will find them heavily discounted just to sell them off. I bought four last November, sixty quid the lot.

BobJ

Practically Family

What was this event? What was it all about? Looks like a lot of fun!

Edward

Bartender
Those Samuel Windsor summer blazers are great value. Better still, if you look them up on the SW website after October, you will find them heavily discounted just to sell them off. I bought four last November, sixty quid the lot.

Jinkies, that's an extreme bargain. I doubt they'll have my sizes then, but very much worth a look.

I think they get a bit too much flack for their shoes: they're half-decent if you want a pair you'll only wear very irregularly (and I wore one pair very heavily for eighteen months before they were really just knackered - which isn't bad for the price). But their Blazers are indeed lovely. I have a tweed one from them too, and it's a very nice piece.

What was this event? What was it all about? Looks like a lot of fun!

Yip, as noted above, it's the Chap Olympiad. A very , very silly day.... Highlight of my Summer.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
kmeZk3y.jpg

Available now in limited edition: 1930s belted back suit in herringbone tweed (blue and brown). Lots of other great stuff available as well. Workwear suits in 20s and 30s style, shawl collar cardigan, dress and work shirts in amazing fabrics, caps, you name it. I am really excited for this. I think there is no other repro company out there that even comes close.

http://www.simonjamescathcart.com/suits/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko