Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The State of the Art in Japanese Outerwear: Freewheelers and Co 2012-13 Collection!

Ishmael

Practically Family
The "Centinela".

PRT_0927_20130124_zps5c619da5.jpg

PRT_0925_20130124_zpsf28be11a.jpg

PRT_0926_20130124_zps24477cfa.jpg

http://freewheelers.co.jp/blog/archives/3811

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I would certainly wear one if I owned it! I might prefer it in brown, but I really like the military tunic front - I'm kind of T-shaped, so short jackets that accentuate the shoulders suit me - but the back and the corsetry on the sleeves and sides are really nice details. Some people aren't keen on form-fitting jackets, but I like ones that sit tight in. I'm a big fan of Aero's radjack, which is sort of similar, though it's a much more stripped-down look.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I would love to see somebody in the UK/US have a go at Japanese-styled design but at an affordable, or do I mean sensible, price level. I've said it once, and I'll say it again, Alexander Leathers missed an opportunity to step into a potentially very lucrative gap, because people would queue up for it.

I just got myself a vintage German heavy brown goatskin "kombi" (suit) in this style (double breasted V-oriented buttons), with the old big-thighed jodhpurs and everything. Late 1940s, according to the original purchaser. I wear the jacket around as a casual jacket for now, until I have enough money to get myself back on a motorcycle. It is

Just curious Sloan, would you actually wear a Centinela if you had one? What aspects of the jacket appeal to you?

Qinhan

Familiar Face
I would certainly wear one if I owned it! I might prefer it in brown, but I really like the military tunic front - I'm kind of T-shaped, so short jackets that accentuate the shoulders suit me - but the back and the corsetry on the sleeves and sides are really nice details. Some people aren't keen on form-fitting jackets, but I like ones that sit tight in. I'm a big fan of Aero's radjack, which is sort of similar, though it's a much more stripped-down look.

Fair enough. I'm not a fan of all the silver buttons or the epaulettes. It has a "rocketeer" look to it that I just couldn't see myself wearing. I'm definately with you on form-fitting jackets though.

Ha! you could be right. Nice Irvin he's got there.[EDIT] the baroness grumbling beside me that "yes, he would never shut the f*** up about that ******ned flight jacket …"

Having worn these trousers, I can see why they would be perfect for riding. Very, very roomy in the hips. No chance of getting too tight when leaning forward.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
It's very nice, but also really like the collar shape on the Mulholland, it's very distinctive, very cool. But the jacket on the whole has those subtle extra details - the waist in particular - that makes Japanese clothing so desirable.

SLAB

A-List Customer
I am absolutely in love with that Mulholland; I inquired with Aero a couple of years ago to have it custom made by them but decided to save up for the Freewheelers version; still not there though...

Ishmael

Practically Family
SLAB and Sloan, I agree. The Mulholland is great. Really like the clean back and the collar. Slab, hope you reach your target soon! Black or brown?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff