Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Stetson One-Hundred "100"

Just Daniel

One Too Many
College Basketball. It is a reference to the NCAA single elimination tournament, thus “one and done”. Get one loss, and you’re done with the tournament; get one hat and you’re done with the buying competition.

Bowen is saying that system works for basketball but not for buying 100s!

I intend to wear my 100s all the time.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
College Basketball. It is a reference to the NCAA single elimination tournament, thus “one and done”. Get one loss, and you’re done with the tournament; get one hat and you’re done with the buying competition.

Thanks, Daniel

Just Daniel

One Too Many
Thanks! I read all your posts on the 100s and am in agreement.

And I wear these all the time, I am in a constant fight maintaining them :)

Good thoughts... everyone needs to buy one to experience. Also, the easiest hat to let go of, in my opinion. Nice to see a collection with so much wear. The ones I have owned seemed to have been been stored away in their suitcases like trophies.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up

I am glad I asked. I thought college one and done might have something to do with promiscuity. [emoji2]

@Latigo posted this one in the Western Anyone thread in 2017. The one on Goodwill was older based on the graphics on the sweat and liner. Whether this one qualifies as a $100 price point or is just a "100X' I dunno. Pretty sure the older one did.

2953snap-jpg.80628

2955snap-jpg.80625

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
@Latigo posted this one in the Western Anyone thread in 2017. The one on Goodwill was older based on the graphics on the sweat and liner. Whether this one qualifies as a $100 price point or is just a "100X' I dunno. Pretty sure the older one did.

2953snap-jpg.80628

2955snap-jpg.80625
I believe it is a $100 hat new. I sold and creased some of these, in the seventies. The store I worked at was a Bailey dealer. At that time Bailey was not using the x ratings on their hats.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
I believe it is a $100 hat new. I sold and creased some of these, in the seventies. The store I worked at was a Bailey dealer. At that time Bailey was not using the x ratings on their hats.

Well, that clears it all up. Thank you, Ed. You didn't happen to keep one, did you?

I want to have a collection of at least one 100 for each brand that made one, Alan.
So far, I have Stetson, Dobbs, Resistol, Churchill, Cavanagh, and Knox.
I know I'm missing a MacLachlan, but do you know any other brands that made a 100?

Hi Max... I am not a student of this era. Did Maclachlan make a one hundred dollar hat? You do have a Stetson 150, right? I have Basque berets that cost one hundred dollars (with shipping). ;^)

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well, that clears it all up. Thank you, Ed. You didn't happen to keep one, did you?

No, I couldn't afford one. Just sold and creased them. I had some nice Baileys that cost $35, a $100 hat was purchased by few. I considered them so special that I wore white cotton gloves to crease them. Didn't want skin oils on a new $100 hat!

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Hi Max... I am not a student of this era. Did Maclachlan make a one hundred dollar hat? You do have a Stetson 150, right? I have Basque berets that cost one hundred dollars (with shipping). ;^)
No, I don't have a Stetson 150, only a Stetson 150th anniversary.
[emoji2]
You wouldn't happen to know where I could get my hands on one, do you?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21