Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Stetson One-Hundred "100"

YETI

A-List Customer
That one's been out there for a while now... popular size...wonder if it would've sold faster without the pinhole?
Perhaps...but the pin should be negligible since it's probably 1/32" diameter tops. Unless it went through the felt completely, you could tweak it as if no pin did any harm. I tried it on one of my "beater" hats to see for myself and it left no evidence of a hole. I too was shocked at first to see that "100" treated like a voodoo doll.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Here's mine.
As it arrived.
c439d9cf.jpg

8ad0f6b1.jpg

Open crown
c4bcad0c.jpg

Case
778b1058.jpg

086de0dc.jpg

6b701ef7.jpg

CEUeyPBWkKGrHqJhYE0fGZqRWBNRdgbUQ0_12.jpg

I still have to get some better pics of this one. I haven't even bashed it yet.

Very nice Rodkins! You should be able to dry bash this felt as the mood hits you... one of the qualities of this firm moldable felt. I picked up another example of these later (mid-sixties) Stetson 100's... shares the liner, perforated sweatband and JBS logo on the trolley button. Mine has a silver JBS pin, box with white lining and without the metal Stetson 100 badge.

Let us know your thoughts as you start to wear it.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
That one's been out there for a while now... popular size...wonder if it would've sold faster without the pinhole?

Judging by what's still visible of the needle, I'd say it penetrated the felt. Then there's that stain. Anyone here have any luck removing one like it from a silverbelly? $495 seems top dollar for a compromised hat, nice case notwithstanding.

Rodkins, isn't yours just a tad loose on you? :)

Judging by what's still visible of the needle, I'd say it penetrated the felt. Then there's that stain. Anyone here have any luck removing one like it from a silverbelly? $495 seems top dollar for a compromised hat, nice case notwithstanding.

I happened to look at this listing just the other day. That hat has been for sale for a loooong time. If it was my size, I might contact the seller and try to strike a deal.

HatsEnough

Banned
My Stetson 100

It's a western or Rancher from the 1960s. Leather case is in real good condition except for one 2 inch long break in the red insert at the hinge. Has the plastic holder, too! I know those plastic holders don't always make it through time, they get broken or separated from the case and lost.

Not a big fan of the western style, though, Would rather have an Open Road-style 100.

Hat itself is a bit troubled. A few smudges and the reeding on the sweat is not in the best condition. I am told Hatco still refurbs Stetson 100s. Does anyone recommend I do it? Will they put in a proper 100 sweatband or will they put in a blank one? Anyone know?

Anyway, here's my addition…

stetson100western01.jpg

stetson100western02.jpg

stetson100western03.jpg

stetson100western05.jpg

stetson100western06.jpg

stetson100western07.jpg

stetson100western08.jpg

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab

Rodkins, isn't yours just a tad loose on you? :)
Yep. It's a 7 1/2 and I'm a 7 3/8 long oval. :)

randooch

I'll Lock Up
I happened to look at this listing just the other day. That hat has been for sale for a loooong time. If it was my size, I might contact the seller and try to strike a deal.

Alan, I thought you had a good idea there, so followed your advice and made an offer ($280) to the seller. No dice, though.

HatsEnough

Banned
My second (and likely last) Stetson 100. This one from Morris Men's Shop, Stockyard Inn, Chicago

It is in great shape, very clean. Seems in near new shape. And the trunk has both the plastic holders and the key! The size tag is the black, key-hole tag. Size 7-1/8 but a tad roomy on me.

stetson100or01.jpg

stetson100or02.jpg

stetson100or07.jpg

stetson100or08.jpg

stetson100or06.jpg

stetson100or05.jpg

I am going to guess late 50s early 60s because Morris men's shop went away before the 70s (the Stockyard Inn closed and the men's shop moved and stopped selling western wear and hats).

It is a smaller trunk compared to the Stetson 100 Western that I have.

stetson100or12.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points