Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Stetson One-Hundred "100"

Robieman

A-List Customer
Well, y’all showing your 100’s lately got me jealous. I’ve not worn mine much since getting it. It has dirt/dark spots/stains on front and rear of crown and a stain on the top of the brim. I wasn’t worried much about the brim, but the ones on the crown were very noticeable. I have tried without success to remove them, and kinda gave up. Well, as I said, y’all got me jealous. So yesterday I got mine out, steamed it real good, used a stiff brush and fine sand paper on the spots. Might have helped slightly. I did get a ton of dust out if it though!! So I got to thinking how best to shape the crown and hide them. Well, they’ve been showing a bunch of Audie Murphy westerns lately. He had the cattleman crease most of the time. I’m not a big fan of that, but I noticed he sometimes had a kick in the front and rear. Hey, that might hide the spots! So I tried it and they kinda look like a shadow now. I think I may have got on to something! I will now wear my 100 a bunch more!
8BA1EB4D-7916-47D6-8BE3-F8BAB844623C.jpeg

55B02A1C-FF09-4AC7-879F-F0B0F91B8A72.jpeg

Well, y’all showing your 100’s lately got me jealous. I’ve not worn mine much since getting it. It has dirt/dark spots/stains on front and rear of crown and a stain on the top of the brim. I wasn’t worried much about the brim, but the ones on the crown were very noticeable. I have tried without success to remove them, and kinda gave up. Well, as I said, y’all got me jealous. So yesterday I got mine out, steamed it real good, used a stiff brush and fine sand paper on the spots. Might have helped slightly. I did get a ton of dust out if it though!! So I got to thinking how best to shape the crown and hide them. Well, they’ve been showing a bunch of Audie Murphy westerns lately. He had the cattleman crease most of the time. I’m not a big fan of that, but I noticed he sometimes had a kick in the front and rear. Hey, that might hide the spots! So I tried it and they kinda look like a shadow now. I think I may have got on to something! I will now wear my 100 a bunch more! View attachment 352697
View attachment 352698

Nice! That felt looks thin enough to cut yourself!

Robieman

A-List Customer
Nice! That felt looks thin enough to cut yourself!
It’s very pliable Brent. And very thin also. You can just about shape it without steam. I did use steam yesterday as it keeps the shape a bit better. I was surprised at how it came out. To me, the hat almost looks too small for my oversized body! But heh, it wears really well. Fits like it was made for me. I think I’ll dig out some of my others that have the same spots on the front and shape them like this. I think I can get used to the cattleman crease if it means I can wear these fine old hats more.

It’s very pliable Brent. And very thin also. You can just about shape it without steam. I did use steam yesterday as it keeps the shape a bit better. I was surprised at how it came out. To me, the hat almost looks too small for my oversized body! But heh, it wears really well. Fits like it was made for me. I think I’ll dig out some of my others that have the same spots on the front and shape them like this. I think I can get used to the cattleman crease if it means I can wear these fine old hats more.

I think it looks great. I don’t love the cattleman’s crease but on some hats it just looks right.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Well, y’all showing your 100’s lately got me jealous. I’ve not worn mine much since getting it. It has dirt/dark spots/stains on front and rear of crown and a stain on the top of the brim. I wasn’t worried much about the brim, but the ones on the crown were very noticeable. I have tried without success to remove them, and kinda gave up. Well, as I said, y’all got me jealous. So yesterday I got mine out, steamed it real good, used a stiff brush and fine sand paper on the spots. Might have helped slightly. I did get a ton of dust out if it though!! So I got to thinking how best to shape the crown and hide them. Well, they’ve been showing a bunch of Audie Murphy westerns lately. He had the cattleman crease most of the time. I’m not a big fan of that, but I noticed he sometimes had a kick in the front and rear. Hey, that might hide the spots! So I tried it and they kinda look like a shadow now. I think I may have got on to something! I will now wear my 100 a bunch more! View attachment 352697
View attachment 352698
Moe, Larry and Curly give it a thumbs up....me too.
B

View attachment 352698

I think it looks good. Whatever works, right? Can't leave those things sitting on a shelf.

"Paging Dr. Fine, Dr. Howard..."

Louis Mountbatten

One of the Regulars
Here is an interesting 1960s era Stetson 100 case I just got in the mail. The seller had the hat, too, but sold it separately (and not to me). Anyway, I had not been able to get a close up look at this style before. It is a good, heavy cardboard, heavy enough for about a 200 pound person to stand on without crushing it (obviously that should not be done, I am just relating the strength of the box). Mine is missing the handle but I should be able to find one to replace it eventually as the rings are still intact. It is a nice one and complete but for that handle.
IMG_1849.jpg
IMG_1850.jpg
IMG_1851.jpg
IMG_1852.jpg
IMG_1853.jpg
IMG_1849.jpg
IMG_1850.jpg
IMG_1851.jpg
IMG_1852.jpg

suitedcboy

One Too Many

Did Eric loan you his hat time machine? this looks like one of those hats he finds that are 50-60 years old and have been locked away in a preservation vault.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up

Louis Mountbatten

One of the Regulars
How did you determine a 1960’s only date for this box?
The hat it originally came with had the black, squared-off size tag and the owner said it was his deceased father's hat who bought it then. But I didn't say it was "60s only." Just that this one came from the 60s. They may have had this one into the 50s, but I don't know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ