Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Stratoliner Association {Premiere}

g.durand

One Too Many
It would be interesting to know the fur content of these new Stetsons, i.e. beaver, rabbit, and/or the blend thereof. But given that it was a trade secret back in the glory days, it may be just as difficult to find out today. Hatco has marketed some 100% beaver hats such as the Pinnacle, but they don't make that claim for the Premiere hats.

KyleK

One of the Regulars
These are definitely nice hats - far better than any other modern Stetson I've had my hands on. Seems like they'll stand up to a little weather, too. I hope so because I plan on wearing this one a lot!

12927318825_30fa54bf29_n.jpg

Landman

One Too Many
Very nice, g.d.! I love that Mink color.

The Mink is a very cool color. It is a rich, dark chocolate color. The felt is very nice and soft. Only a little steam was needed to hold the crease in place.

I guess I'm going to have to order a Caribou too now that color is being made. These things could break me if they come out with too many colors!

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
My black Strat (which apparently has a goofed "Royal" [not "Royal Deluxe"]) sweat, went out in the rain the other day and suffered no ill effects.

T Rick

Practically Family
Hi guys, first post here in eons. This new offering from Stetson looks great in the pics above.

I seem to have stumbled onto a bargain (perhaps). Called the outlet today to see what was available in Strats, and they mentioned having one in my size in open crown. Since it was a new color (Corn Hill) and I'd not heard of them coming in open crown, I am speculating that it is the same hat featured in this thread. If it is, I must've had some good luck coming my way! Looking forward to it being delivered (and getting home to see it, been working/living 100 miles from home the past 4 months!). Should be there next week, and with the current job status, so should I. Pics forthcoming at that time.

Hi guys, first post here in eons. This new offering from Stetson looks great in the pics above.

I seem to have stumbled onto a bargain (perhaps). Called the outlet today to see what was available in Strats, and they mentioned having one in my size in open crown. Since it was a new color (Corn Hill) and I'd not heard of them coming in open crown, I am speculating that it is the same hat featured in this thread. If it is, I must've had some good luck coming my way! Looking forward to it being delivered (and getting home to see it, been working/living 100 miles from home the past 4 months!). Should be there next week, and with the current job status, so should I. Pics forthcoming at that time.

More about the Premiere Strat here TR = http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?72165-Open-Crown-Stetsons-A-Call-(Plea)-to-Retailers!!

VetPsychWars

A-List Customer

The Cornhill color is fabulous. It is quite an un-color; I can't describe it... but I think it is a good neutral that will go with just about anything.

I'm very pleased with mine.

http://www.gentledarkness.com/picture_library/hats/cornhill.jpg

Tom

T Rick

Practically Family

srq2002

Familiar Face
I have two of the regular modern Stratoliners, and they have the thinnest/lightest felt of all of my Stetsons, with a Benchley being a close second.

Can anyone tell me how the felt of the Premiere Stratoliners compares? Thanks!

DougC

Practically Family
I have one of the Cornhill ones from a year or so ago--felt is thicker than my Borsolino and my vintage open roads but thinner than my Akubra. Overall, pretty nice with a nice hand. Moldable without steam and holds a crease well with a hit of steam.

tommyK

One Too Many
Harv, the felt on the new ones is much better than Stetson has been making recently. It's still thicker and stiffer and not as moldable as vintage but, quite good for a modern hat. Much cheaper than vintage in my size which go upwards of $400.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Haven't subjected my replacement Strat to any incliment weather, but the finish of the felt is quite nice. Thinness is definitely more on par with vintage felts. I still wish the tacking stitches were neater, and to be really picky, mine is tacked just a teensy bit high of the brim break. That being said, still much better than Stetsons of recent past. Black fedoras are a not-unpopular accessory in SF as of late, and I probably have the nicest one in this Strat ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21