Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Stratoliner Society {VINTAGE}

RBH

Bartender
jimmy the lid said:
See Post #323 et seq. in this thread...
Here ya go Jimmy.

jimmy the lid said:
Here's a blurb from the New York Times, dated July 6, 1940, noting Stetson's introduction of the Stratoliner in the fall of that year...

StratolinerRoll-out.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

jwalls

Vendor
I was reading this thread doing some research and saw some mention of demensional brims. The flanges I have marked 'Strato' measure 2 5/8" all arround.

My latest Stratoliner...

Just arrived last night & really like this lid. The brown is darker than photos show. 2 3/4 inch brim, my favorite! My inside shots didn't turn out well, will retry with a different camera if I can. I popped out the crease & brushed it well. Under Stratoliner is LONG OVAL. The size tag has STETSON across the top arc, a fractional size only then LONG OVAL stacked beneath that.
I think that is all I will do to this except WEAR it. The binding seems to have faded on 1 side more than the other, probably exposed to sunlight on the driver side of a pickup truck, is my story.
strat21.jpg

strat22.jpg

Inside shot I did get...
strat23.jpg

With the casual crease back in...
strat24.jpg

The noggin shot...
strat25.jpg

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice looking Strat, Tom. I like the color. Would you mind bringing it to Monteagle so Rusty, John and I can try it on? :D

BobC said:
Nice looking Strat, Tom. I like the color. Would you mind bringing it to Monteagle so Rusty, John and I can try it on? :D
Thanks, guys. I'll let John look at it from across the room if he shows up! You & Rusty may get to touch it, depending on how Sam & I are getting along!!! :eek:

jwalls

Vendor
I am currently making a stratoliner clone on a block marked "strato" which I have in my collection. I also have flanges which will be used to set the brim. I have blocks and flanges from 6-3/4 to 7-3/4. We'll see how this one works out. Maybe I can make up hats for those of you who are interested.:) :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn