Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Stratoliner Society {VINTAGE}

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow.....Gorgeous.

DSCF5090.jpg

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Tom-n-Perris said:
Just picked up my first Stratoliner this week.:D

Well, for a first you sure picked a beauty, Tom! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

And at that price you quoted, you got yourself an incredible deal!

Cheers,
Tom

Tooch

One of the Regulars
Here in Arizona, thin-ribbons just seem to make sense. So I've been looking and looking for a Stratoliner -- and I scored. The hat came with a dry crease added by the vendor that popped right out. So far as I can tell, the hat might never have been worn.

IMG_0956.jpg

The pin didn't come with the hat. It's a modern addition, courtesy of a fellow lounge member.

IMG_0974.jpg

IMG_0976.jpg

IMG_0977.jpg

IMG_0978.jpg

I went with a c-crown this time.

IMG_0981.jpg

IMG_0983.jpg

IMG_0989.jpg

IMG_0990.jpg

It's a 5 1/4-inch open crown, with a 2 1/2-inch brim.

There are no labels under the sweatband that I can find, though there is some sort of a number printed on the leather. If anybody's curious, I'll try to puzzle it out.

Bluesman61

Familiar Face
Application for membership...

I'll post better pictures later, but I wanted to rush my application in to join the Stratoliner Society! I purchased this beauty from fellow FL member Bill Greene and it arrived today. I could not be more pleased with this hat! So am I in?

Photo73.jpg

Photo75.jpg

AXL DEMOCRACY

One of the Regulars
GREAT hats!

I just scored my first Stetson Stratoliner on eBay last week. It is beautiful. And it was in near MINT condition. Got it for rather cheap too. Less than a $100! One of my best eBay wins!

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
fluteplayer07 said:
Here's my contribution:

[Dunno what that growth is on it, though.

What can you tell me about it as far as its age and etc.?

Thanks,

I've had the same on a few vintage purchases. I always figured it was hanging on a brass hook for years. Maybe even supplied "atmosphere" while on said hook in one of those theme bars before some enterprising bidder at a liquidation sale got it for their shop/ebay.
Tom D.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy