Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Stratoliner Society {VINTAGE}

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
The Stratoliner pin I ordered from an antique store last week just arrived today. Here's a photo showing a Stratoliner pin (a representation of the Stratoliner plane, shown pinned through the ribbon) and the DC-3 pin (the one that came with Stetson Stratoliner hats, shown resting on the brim).

As has been previously noted, the Stratoliner plane flies either level or slightly upwards and toward the back of the hat, while the DC-3 pin is constructed to crash into your forehead.

strats.jpg

HatsEnough

Banned
I just wish we could pin down (excuse the pun) where that four engine pin came from.

How many of us here have one? Lefty, obviously. I do. How many other examples of the four engine pin are there here?

Great minds think alike, Dr. Z... or at least they have similar tastes!

I wore my Stratoliner today. It has a very odd pin that seems to fly in the direction of the Dow Jones Industrial Average.

strat060111.jpg

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
I also own a stratoliner box! mine is in excellent shape with insert and strap in working condition. No hat 'cause, as of now, I'm not a big fan of this hat but that could certainly change!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana