Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Stratoliner Society {VINTAGE}

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Eric, Che and Mike, thanks again for your kind words and comments, It's indeed an special hat also for me.
Never seen before, a German Stetson Stratoliner in black. He is in good hands, my Word.

buler

I'll Lock Up
Nice grey Stratoliner I picked up today. Judging by the virgin white sweat bow this hat never saw any head time. Seems to have sat with just a center crease and a lower than normal flange for a Strat. Felt is finished beautifully on this one. Best hand I've felt yet on a Strat.

B

strat2.jpg

strat6.jpg

strat3.jpg

strat4.jpg

strat5.jpg

buler

I'll Lock Up
The earliest mention we've seen of the Strat was the news blurb JTL posted from July, 1940. Here is an even shorter blurb from June 18, 1940.

B

stetson_1940_jun_18_strat_new.JPG

Samuel

Practically Family
I was lucky enough to get hold of a nice light grey Stratoliner recently. It was pretty dirty, but the felt cleaned up easily with some steaming and brushing. Still need to do some work on the liner, otherwise a super hat.

After getting the hat, I also invested in the box and a repro DC3 pin (a vintage Stratoliner pin is on the way here, thanks to Lefty).

Here are a few shots of the Stratoliner, as it is today...

D329332-L.jpg

D329337-L.jpg

D329334-L.jpg

D329340-L.jpg

Way to clean up a great hat!

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Tri, there are thee different threads on this forum with tools to date Stetsons by liner, price, and size tag.

Please go to the links to important hat forum threads and check them out for yourself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot