Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE SUNBODY ASSOCIATION

SunbodyNoah

New in Town
I'm seeing a 2 - 1/2" brim Tear drop crease fedora product code hg25F, but also a 5" brim that it's possible we cut down with a 6.5" crown. Regardless, if anyone else would like a similar hat, with Brett's permission you can email me at noah@sunbody.com and say you want a hat like his and we'll make it up as close as possible.

Regards,
Noah

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
SunbodyNoah said:
I'm seeing a 2 - 1/2" brim Tear drop crease fedora product code hg25F, but also a 5" brim that it's possible we cut down with a 6.5" crown. Regardless, if anyone else would like a similar hat, with Brett's permission you can email me at noah@sunbody.com and say you want a hat like his and we'll make it up as close as possible.

I think it was the latter, Noah, as my hat definitely arrived with an open crown.

I ordered a similar one last year, but the brim was trimmed a bit wider than I like it, so I passed it on to another Lounger this summer. But it may well be that my initial order was the first hat you cited. I had to return the first hat I got from you guys last summer because it was a bit undersized for my huge, extra-long-oval head. I can't say for certain whether that one came prebashed, but I think it did.

And you certainly have my permission to make as many hats like mine as you can sell, as long as you call that model the Skyvue, if you ever add it to the catalogue.

(I'm joking ... er, kind of.)

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
SunbodyNoah said:

Regards,
Noah

E-mail sent. I'm seriously thinking about buying a Skyvue.

-Dave

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi, I own a 5 year old Sunbody, and when I sat on it, I cracked the brim. I live in Kansas and it's been in the Garage for the past few years (110 degrees F). In order to keep it flexible, what should I have done with it? This is more important for the NEW one I have on order.

Thanks

cybergentleman

A-List Customer
water

1961MJS said:
Hi, I own a 5 year old Sunbody, and when I sat on it, I cracked the brim. I live in Kansas and it's been in the Garage for the past few years (110 degrees F). In order to keep it flexible, what should I have done with it? This is more important for the NEW one I have on order.

Thanks

website says an occasional soaking will help it last longer. They are very nice to speak to on the phone too- give them a call and ask.

1961MJS

Sunbody Guss with 3.5 inch brim

Hi

This is my first real hat in years. I purchased it at Hatman Jack's in Wichita in about 2005. I wore it with the wool Civil War hat cord for the Rifles (green) for years, but working at the gun range, the dingle berries on the end bothered me. I took it to Jack again and got the 1 inch ribbon and bow put on.

06Sept2010load%20002a.jpg

06Sept2010load%20003a.jpg

06Sept2010load%20004a.jpg

I've soaked it a couple of times, but it's still kind of brittle. I'll get a new one with a 4 inch brim and a 6 inch Montana Peak next spring. Jack did all of the shaping, well, except I dipped the brim.

Later

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
My Sunbody's first fishing trip

fishingsept5cobia.jpg

It was surprisingly comfortable all day. Great protection form the offshore Florida sun!

1961MJS

coble

A-List Customer
i live 20 minutes from the main sunbody shop. I'm heading out tomorrow to their shop, i will take photos while i'm their for you all to see it. I am going to check out both of these sunbody hats.

hg3f_575.jpg

3 inch brim, 5 1/2 inch open crown $28.50

derby_575_4.jpg

2 1/2 inch brim 5 1/2 inch Derby $66.50

I got some christmas money, so i'm looking for a new straw hat to shade my face while i paint out in the middle of nowhere. I'm thinking i may do a large brim and i've read on here its easy to shape, im thinking of asking them to help me get the shape i'm looking at dealing with the brim. I definately love open crowns, and these are at a great height.

Last edited:

1961MJS

Hi

I just picked up my 2012 Sun Body hat from Brian at Hatman Jack's. 5.75 crown, 4 inch brim with a semi-pencil curl. I had them put a kind of steel gray ribbon on it. It looks a lot better than the old Gus with the 3.5 inch brim it's replacing. I never wet that one, and sat on it twice. If it rains, and it's not too windy, the old one will be my fire-starter for burning brush at the gun club.

Pictures when I get a chance.

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Hi

I just picked up my 2012 Sun Body hat from Brian at Hatman Jack's. 5.75 crown, 4 inch brim with a semi-pencil curl. I had them put a kind of steel gray ribbon on it. It looks a lot better than the old Gus with the 3.5 inch brim it's replacing. I never wet that one, and sat on it twice. If it rains, and it's not too windy, the old one will be my fire-starter for burning brush at the gun club.

Pictures when I get a chance.

You're gonna burn your hat?

No, Mike, don't do it!

Sam

1961MJS

Hi Sam

I bought it in about 2003, it's a sun body that I NEVER EVER watered again. I sat on it, fixed it, put it in the car, and them almost immediately sat on it AGAIN. It's held together more with glue than braided grass now. The three new ones are all stored downstairs off season, not in the garage, and are watered once a month in season. If I get batteries, I'll take pictures.

It'll be o.k. Trust me. :D

1961MJS

Hi

I picked up this hat last week, but noticed that the crease was a hair crooked. Brian re-worked the crease, and added a vent to each side to make those balance again. I really like the way this hat feels and looks. I figure I'll need to discuss a 100% beaver one at some point if I like it as much I as think I will.

Top view showing the center dent crease:
2012_Sunbody_Top_Post.jpg

Side shot showing the ribbon:
2012_Sunbody_Side_Post.jpg

Front view:
2012_Sunbody_Front_Post.jpg

This is the first hat I've worn that I tilt back a little. Oddly enough I'm sort of watching "Justified" and three of tonight's actors are wearing hats.

Later Y'all

coble

A-List Customer
working for sunbody hats.

Hey guys, if you have any questions regarding hats with Sunbody you are welcome to send me a message via pm. I start work with sunbody on Monday, so any questions you have, any help with customizing your hat please get back to me. I look forward to helping all of my friends here on the lounge out.

Sincerely,
Coble

Last edited:
Hey guys, if you have any questions regarding hats with Sunbody you are welcome to send me a message via pm. I start work with sunbody on Monday, so any questions you have, any help with customizing your hat please get back to me. I look forward to helping all of my friends here on the lounge out.

Sincerely,
Coble

Excellent!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner