Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE SUNBODY ASSOCIATION

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
Congrats, Coble! Ask them how many Skyvues they've sold. (A year or two back, I bought a hat through Sunbody that I semi-sort-of-designed -- high crown, 2.5 inch brim -- and a number of Loungers expressed an interest in purchasing a similar one. I've sometimes wondered if anyone pulled the trigger.)

coble

A-List Customer
its not commissioned based, but i get a christmas bonus based on sales for the year, and get 10 days off for christmas. I'd work 9-5 monday through friday. I'm over sales, and work with anyone who walks in the door. I also take care of shipping and
warehouse, i also make sure the size of your hat is the right size and the hat looks excellent before leaving the warehouse.
sunbody has been swamped lately, so i may be able to find out the amount of hats they've sold. if i find out i'll PM you. But i know i'm going to find a way to help design new hats. I'm looking into talking with the owner who i work hand and hand with
about getting a 1930's spec with 6 inch crown maybe a 2 1/2 inch brim fedora out in the production, as well as a homburg
with a high crown. Send me suggestions on straw hats you would like to see come from production and i will pass the word on.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Skyvue that is a sweet hat for sure. What did they call it?

mehat2.jpg

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
Skyvue that is a sweet hat for sure. What did they call it?

It's not a production model -- or at least, it wasn't when I bought it. I bought a open-crown (6 inches, I think) hat with a three-inch brim that I had trimmed (and bound, by necessity) to 2.5 inches.

I think it should be a production model, though, and I think it should be called the Skyvue!

coble

A-List Customer
thanks guys for the congrats means a lot, i will see what i can do about the lid skyvue. I will keep all of you updated on new
lids coming out. I know for sure their new fedoras i've held in my hand, have two different colors woven together, and look
excellent, brim width is great for stingy brims, working on a few designs to show the owner on monday that i think will fit with a few models that would sell here on the lounge, brim width larger on these designs. Inspired by a lot of my favorite classic hat designs. I'll keep you all updated. More ideas of what you guys are looking for in straws, please let me know, i'm here by request to find out things you are looking for and have any questions about, let me know PM me, and if your in houston come
visit the shop its small but filled with lids and very much like family. Send me a PM if your coming by and i'll assist you, i'm
here for all of you.

Landman

One Too Many
I just found this thread but I've been buying SunBody hats for years. A great hat for the hot South Texas summers. Congratulations on the job Coble. Sounds like a great job for someone who appreciates hats.

DougC

Practically Family
Stopped by the shop this afternoon on the way back from East Texas and bought a fine weave hat with a 3 1/2 inch brim and a 5 1/2 inch open crown. Staff is great and the work is superb. They creased the crown in a very nice cattleman, put in vents and put on a nice, thin black ribbon while I waited. Messed with the hat a bit on the way back and I can see this becoming one of my favorites.

Coble--if that was you in the shop, it was nice seeing you...and thanks for the suggestion on a great hat!

coble

A-List Customer
Doug, it was a pleasure helping you out. I hope the suggesting with the fine palm helped out. Thanks for the compliment. Was told by my boss today she is very impressed on how fast i'm picking things up, and now to have a compliment from someone on the lounge, its been an awesome day.

Enoy the hat Doug, it is a great lid for the texas heat/sun.

moomer

New in Town
I first saw a Sam houston/plantation hat by Sunbody at a Civil War Re-enactors meeting. After that I've been watching offers for Sunbody hats and the Sam Houston/Plantation hat in particular on Ebay for months. Finally bought one at a price low enough so customs no longer bother about import taxes. :p Can use it for re-enacting and it looks great in portraits. :D
I'm also quite fond of their Gambler hat.

coble

A-List Customer
thats great moomer, enjoy the lid. I wanted to mention we have come out with a new fedora. Its a small brim lid, but its teardrop is unique. It is braided with two different colors of straw, and looks amazing. We also have a new womans gardening hat with the same straw as the fedora, it ties in the back and has a large brim from the side to the front. I plan on buying one for my wife for when she's working in the yard. I will post a photo of that hat soon, i think its a nice lid.

My first week with sunbody hats has gone amazing. I blocked a hat for one of my orders yesterday, it was a cattleman crease, and i shaped the brim as well. It was an excellent week. If you are in the houston area, or coming to visit houston, stop buy and enjoy the lids. I know when i bought a lid from sunbody before i worked their i was taken on a tour of the warehouse. If you want a tour, just ask, and you'll find me in the back getting orders together, and picking a hat that is to my standards for individual and store buyers. I hope to see you around.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

I bought this Sunbody at Hatman Jack's in Wichita KS last month. It is a 5 3/4 inch open crown with a 4 inch brim. It is loosely modeled on Doc Holliday's hat in Tombstone. I may have to splurge and get one of these in full beaver.

Holliday_2012_Sun_Body_side2.jpg

Doc Holliday 2012 Side

Holliday_2012_Sun_Body_Front.jpg

Doc Holliday 2012 Front

Holliday_2012_Sun_Body.jpg

Doc Holliday 2012 Side view

2012_Sunbody_Top_Post.jpg

Showing Crease

This is one of my favorite hats.

Later

Last edited:

figment2179

New in Town
just got the "tear drop aussie" from village hat shop. it looks pretty much like the pic online :

http://www.villagehatshop.com/sunbody-aussie-tear-drop-hat.html

a bit of a different look for me, i tend to stay away from overly curled brims, but i figured it was time for something new. put a brown snakeskin band on it that i found on amazon for 10 bucks. i'm thinking i'll tighten up the curl on the brim some and make the pinch a bit tighter but we'll see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran