Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE SUNBODY ASSOCIATION

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Welcome to the lounge, Danfan. You will like it here.

That Sunbody looks fine on you. What shaping did you do to it?

Danfan

New in Town
Thanks for the welcoming words!

RBH - yes, it is their new 2 1/2 inch brim Fine Fedora. I would guess that they were paying attention to the comments here about trimming down the brim from 3 inches and decided to offer it themselves.

BobC - When I got the hat, the brim was perfectly flat and the pinch was somewhat more broad than I like. So I snapped the front down, cupped the back, and sharpened up the pinch on the front of the crown. It took no more than a few minutes and was amazingly easy after wetting down the brim and the front of the crown.

Thus far I've been wearing the hat to work. We've had a few rainy days here in Dallas and I love not having to worry about the weather while wearing my hat.

Plus, it makes me feel like I'm stylin'!

rrog

A-List Customer
That's a nice looking hat, Danfan. Can you tell us how you shaped the back? I'm thinking of going up with the brim on my next Sunbody. You wear it very well. I'm also a big fan of Sunbody. And welcome to the lounge.

rrog

RBH

Bartender
The SunBody with the Major Moore ribbon.
I really like the contrast between the bound edge and the ribbon now.
Thanks Mike!!!!

p.s. and yep... it has a diamond crease! :D

hpim4719.jpg

hpim4720.jpg

cybergentleman

A-List Customer
my new sunbody open crown 3.5 inch

Hi All,

received my sunbody 3.5 inch brim, 5.75 inch open crown about a week or two ago. broke it in with a center dent. tight pinch. the center dent was a tad wide as the palm straw seems to bash that way, just today i reshaped it to more of a c-crown. it now fits even better, and i think looks more cylindrical, which i like. looks less hillbilly.
I am definitely impressed with sunbody's product. This website was very informative when it came to making this purchase. thank you to all who posted on here or replied to my questions.

for those of you who are sunbody fanatics feel free to opine on my work ;-) for those of you in the market for a summer/straw hat i recommend sunbody 100%, the bash took me a matter of seconds after soaking the hat- no joke.

photos:

dsc00939ont.jpg

dsc00938w.jpg

dsc00936wjt.jpg

dsc00934lzg.jpg

dsc00932n.jpg

dsc00931xmp.jpg

dsc00929ysq.jpg

dsc00930eop.jpg

:D

rrog

A-List Customer
cybergentleman, I love what you did to the crown. And the brim looks nice too. That looks way better than mine. I might have to give that brim a try.

:eusa_clap

rrog

Inusuit

A-List Customer
cybergentleman said:
Hi All,

for those of you who are sunbody fanatics feel free to opine on my work ;-) for those of you in the market for a summer/straw hat i recommend sunbody 100%, the bash took me a matter of seconds after soaking the hat- no joke.

photos:

dsc00931xmp.jpg

:D

I have that same crease in a western Sunbody. I think it's called a Denton Pinch. And I like it a lot.

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
I posted this pic in another thread, but since it depicts me in my Sunbody, I thought I'd share it here, too (not sure I've posted any pics since a helpful expert at JJ Hat Center helped me shape this hat and they put a nice wide ribbon on it):

sunbodycoast.jpg

Dundee

A-List Customer
Nice Sunbodies

The more of these I see the more I feel the need to get one. The hats look great. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

cybergentleman

A-List Customer
hats on head

Due to requests I have just taken a few shots with the hat on my head.

again its the 5.75 inch open crown , 3.5 inch brim. bashed by me to this style.

dsc00940y.jpg

dsc00945z.jpg

this will have to do it for now. my mouse isn't being too responsive- probably need a new one.

anyway, does the dip in the back of the crown work, or should I try and raise it up for less of a slope, or tug boat as you locals call it?

I just posted all the sunbody photos into a gallery, makes viewing this easier:

http://yfrog.com/0adsc00945zjx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo