Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The TFL Spirit

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Great thread topic @handymike.

The Fedora Lounge is like a great big sandbox.
Everybody is welcome to play.
Some bring lots of toys.
Other’s play with what’s there.
Some frolic endlessly from end to end.
Other’s find their own corner and just play.
Some go around p***ing in other’s spots.
And every now and then sadly, a few take a s**t for everyone to see.

But fear not.
Given time, that too sifts down to the bottom to meet it’s maker.

I’m just thankful to play, to find new sand, to appreciate new things only a sandbox can provide and to try hard not to p**s in anybody’s spot.
Yes, this is a nice sandbox.

Enjoy the sand.
Bowen

Damon141

Practically Family
TFL members really showed their support for my Himel Bros thread, I do appreciate each and everyone that posted even if you didn't agree with the way I handled it, we did agree that my jacket was made to sweatshop standards.

TFL is great because it introduces people to products and makers that you would not know otherwise.
My Himel though flawed, fit good and I discovered so many other jacket companies which I want to order from, so many.
And the information and advice TFL members give is priceless

Edward

Bartender
Most of the members are really interesting, that's the main part I think. I have made good friends through this forum. Which makes me think, I should organise another meetup in London this autumn maybe?

For sure. I think a trip out to the GoldTop shop https://goldtop.co.uk/pages/physical-store could be fun.

I'll say this for TFL, since joining I've spent a shit ton of money on some pretty sweet jackets and boots! ;)

My wife has two names for this place. "Jackety Wars", and "Those %^&*ing Enablers!"

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I joined in 2006 and these days only check the place out once, sometimes twice a week. There's a real wealth of knowledge that's been contributed on Lounge over the years, whether it be about hats, suits, movies, cars, art deco, boots, shoes or leather jackets. A lot of the early members who shared so much valuable information have sadly left. I pretty much still stay because of you guys. I like the camaraderie and the sharing of joy over a new discovery or a bargain found, or new knowledge to be imparted. From things written and attitudes that come across in posts, I imagine that were we located closer together, in the real world I'd be good friends with quite a few of you. You make the Lounge what it is and a place worth staying in.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I joined in 2006 and these days only check the place out once, sometimes twice a week. There's a real wealth of knowledge that's been contributed on Lounge over the years, whether it be about hats, suits, movies, cars, art deco, boots, shoes or leather jackets.
A great observation Benny, The Lounge is, indeed, a broad church. There's quite a following for those whose leather addiction can cause that lifelong problem: "Too much month at the end of their money." Then there are those with millinery collections, and all that goes with that.

A famous character brought together the love of hats and leather, namely one, Indiana Jones. But far from being celebrated the thread name to honour him was titled with the word, curse.
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/the-curse-of-indiana-jones.29677/

Loungers really are a creative lot, and talking of creative, there's an honorary Lounger, whose yet to make her first post, but has had many a mention, who is, at present, making a new pair of trousers to wear with the new blazer, which will be in the pipeline after I have had a meeting with my tailor today. That Lounger would be my lovely Mrs.

Did I say that the leather addicts spend a bit? Have to admit, they are not alone!

Nacho

Practically Family
I was lurking TFL way back in 2017/2018. Because of the knowledge here that I was able to score me my very first leather jacket - the Schott 613US from Japan. I wanted to explore the vintage leather jackets world after that but due to some financial constraints, I couldn't pursue this hobby any further.

Fast forward to last year, money was good so I got back to my saddle. Also decided to make a proper account on here and started contributing. This forum is by far the most civil of them all. And I've been to some other interest groups on the Net before (cars, motorcycles, BBQ, etc.). Some of them can be brutal and toxic.

So cheers to all the TFL loungers and the staff behind this forum. Enjoy the ride!

NZJono

One of the Regulars
Good thread. I’m more of a shoe and boot guy with only a handful of jackets, but I enjoy coming here and checking out what others are up to. Ive only bought 3 decent jackets in the past 5 years including an Aero which I still have so can’t offer much advice to anyone, but thank you to everyone for posting and offering advice. ( ps I’m hoping to add another jacket in the near future).

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Out of curiosity I searched for any forums that are dedicated to attire. There was two that seemed to be very popular, but perhaps it might be diplomatic not to name them.

Reading some of the members posts my first thought was, "why so combative?" The general view appears to be that you agree with the forum's consensus on the subject matter or you get vitriol. They do it often too and the slurs, no punches are pulled. I'm quite happy to stay here thank you very much.

IrishStu

One of the Regulars
I came across this forum about 3 years ago. It is the only forum I follow now and while it has proven to be expensive at times , (2 jackets 3 years ago to 12 ish now), I thoroughly enjoy the discourse, although I post rarely. Thanks to all who contribute, be it the stalwarts on a regular basis or the occasionals like myself. I hope it remains a place of enjoyment and enlightened conversation, accepting the fact that people have varied views.

I'd be interested to know if there are many members based in Ireland.

PS - my wife thinks this forum consists of middle-aged men, all in crises

morrison2951

Practically Family
Yep. '05 GTO for me!
20230416_144720.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR