Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Thread to Display Your 1930s Suits

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
early 1930s (US) light grey with blue windowpane, snatched from Patrick Hall who posted this suit earlier in this thread. Thank you, Patrick!
Damian will recognize the brocade tie.

4zGZDgx.jpg

U9QsHSN.jpg

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Thank you, Gents.

I agree, HBK. This is all the length I could get out of these trousers. I could change it to false cuffs and gain a little, might do that sometime.

Interesting find inside the coat pocket: First time I've seen a label like this in men's garments of the period.

Xt7K3PD.jpg

By the way, there are two different hats in the closeup and the other pics - different felt and ribbon colors.

Patrick Hall

Practically Family
Nik,

That suit fits you perfectly, much better than it did me - not enough trouser to keep beneath the waistcoat AND cover my ankles! I'm glad you are enjoying it. I liked the label as well - nothing instills confidence like knowing you are wearing certified AUTHENTIC fashion!

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Thank you, Patrick.

I liked the label as well - nothing instills confidence like knowing you are wearing certified AUTHENTIC fashion!

Haha. Without really knowing anything about it, I'd have imagined plagiarism on men's suit cuts to be rather hard to prove and wouldn't have expected to find such labels. Obviously it was a big issue in ladies dresses, but men's suits... interesting.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Definitely looking the business Nik. That grey is a shade sadly lacking in modern suit offerings (not that modern suits appeal to the likes of us anyway!).

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
i bought this orphaned suit jacket the other day, mainly on account of the lapels which are some of the most upward pointing peaks i've seen.
seller said 20s but i think it's more likely early 30s. (it hasn't arrived yet... these are the seller's photos):

_57_zps43084d9e.jpg

_57-1_zps07c13974.jpg

_57-2_zps5560d3d6.jpg

_57-3_zps01cc4d23.jpg

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
That's a beautiful fabric and surely going to be even better in person. Should work very well as an odd jacket.

Barmey

One of the Regulars
That cloth is great!! Did the seller give any info on the colour. Looks almost purpley-grey to my eyes

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Last weekend at the hypnosis convention in Zurich. German late 30s shadow stripe suit that came to me via Fastuni. The cap is a vintage Cricket casquette, shoes 40s Weyenberg oxfords, shirt by Luxire, and the tie is 30s or 20s silk brocade.

10647075_567550420013246_4653089804831441062_n.jpg

10406524_567538243347797_1147094902521193135_n.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner