Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The thread where complete strangers can make a difference with my hair style

Starius

Practically Family
The obligitory "before" shots.

Well, here are some dumb "before" shots. I plan to get the haircut sometime next week now.

Here is me in the morning: (why would I take pictures first thing in the morning? I don't know. I'm a freak.)

Starius-m1.jpg

Starius is sad.

Starius-m2.jpg

Starius is mad.

Starius-m3.jpg

Starius is... uhh... passing gas? Having a shemp moment? I don't know what Starius is doing.

Starius-m4.jpg

Starius is... pondering the nature of the universe without wearing his glasses, thus not really knowing what pondering the nature of the universe looks like.

Starius-m5.jpg

Starius is surprised!

Starius-m6.jpg

Starius is a dumbass.

A few quick shots during more reasonable afternoon hours:

Starius-d1.jpg

A introspective moment. Yeah, I know, I'm gonna have to do something about the facial hair too.

Starius-d2.jpg

A kurt cobain moment?

Starius-d3.jpg

Not a great shot of me but I sure do love my dwarf orange tree.

Starius-d5.jpg

And here we have my daily conversation with a decapitated mammal. Yes, I know, the conversation does tend to be a bit one-sided. But thats okay, I'm a pretty good listener.

Well, there you have it. Clear empirical evidence that I need a new style. And possibly mental help. Still think my misshapen noggin will be suitable for the aforementioned hairstyle examples? I do appreciate the help. I'm sure its obvious now that I need it.

PA Dancer

A-List Customer
Your pictures made me laugh! You are such a trip.
The last two pics that you posted, right near the "dent" (for lack of a better word) of your earlobe, right under that layer of your hair...that's the spot..Cut it!

You all ready have the Harry Connick/ Brendan Fraser hair cut...it's just getting rid of the stuff in the back.

...and you hair isn't as long as I was picturing it.
: )

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
_38611599_trumpet.jpg

15601-large.jpg

I have always loved Richard Gere's hair in The Cotton Club. You can slick it back and look smooth, or let it fall into your eyes and be the bad boy. Very Hot!
BTW, if you're short on dough, I recommend going to an old fashioned barber rather than a cheapie unisex place unless you get a recommendation for a particular stylist.

Starius

Practically Family
Re: Sigourney Weaver and Richard Simmons hair

Ummm, I'm not entirely sure about that. If I had Sigourney hair, I think I could live with it. However, if I had Richard Simmons hair.... I think I would just shave it all off.

Re: Richard Gere Cotton Club hair

I haven't seen that film bit it does look to be along similar lines as I was thinking. (He does look pretty good in that hat there doesn't he?)

I know a local hairstylist who is pretty good so I will probably go see her for my haircut. (Historically, I've jumped around a lot of different places for my haircuts. Sometimes I go so infrequently, people who cut my hair the last time no longer work there the next time I visit.) My father does go to a barber in another town and perhaps that place would be a good alternative. I've never been there though so don't know what it's like.

Starius

Practically Family
Allright, Friday the 24th is now the day. The hairdresser I wanted to go to is booked until then! "After" pics will be posted sometime after.

PA Dancer

A-List Customer
In honor of Starius's hair cut, I have just lopped off another inch or two from my hair.
I have gone from hair down to my waistline, to hair down to the middle of my back, to hair just below the should blades and another inch or two today puts it right above my should blades.

Good Luck Starius! Don't be scared!
: )

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Speaking of Ewan McGregor earlier, I don't think you're that far from a good Jedi Master look, Starius :D :

obi_wan_kenobi.jpg

Or with those blond locks of yours, you could always keep it long at the front and take to nearby piano like a maniac! lol :

JerryLee.jpg

Seriously, though, I think the Harry Connick/Brendan Fraser look would suit you very well.

Starius

Practically Family
Dang, you're right... I was close to a jedi master look!

But, alas... the deed is done. Tonight I had my haircut.
Pictures to follow tomorrow. In my new suit no less!

Starius

Practically Family
And the results are in...

Starius-f1.jpg

Starius-f2.jpg

Starius-f3.jpg

(If I ever have to pose for a mug shot in a police line up, this is how I'll look.)

Starius-f5.jpg

Well, there it is, the final haircut. Bit of a natural curvature going on there up top. Think I might let the longer parts grow a bit longer, but overall I'm pretty satisfied. I'd like to thank everyone who gave advice and encouragement!

You can now take your perverse satisfaction in knowing that you indeed affected the outcome of a complete stranger's hairstyle!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
You look great Starius! Your facial hair looks much better now too--the whole look is cleaned up but still with certain touseled insouciance. Full marks from me!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Starius it looks fabulous! And don't you look handsome! Great choice, and you have just enough wave like I thought you would, hurray!
Nikki
lol.. I just saw your before shots, you're such a hoot! I rather liked it longer too...and that IS a nice orange tree.. and stained glass!

Oh, hey.. one more thing! Just curious which pic you showed her? Or a mix of them all?

Starius

Practically Family
ohairas said:
Starius it looks fabulous! And don't you look handsome! Great choice, and you have just enough wave like I thought you would, hurray!
Nikki
lol.. I just saw your before shots, you're such a hoot! I rather liked it longer too...and that IS a nice orange tree.. and stained glass!

Oh, hey.. one more thing! Just curious which pic you showed her? Or a mix of them all?

Thanks!

I actually took a printout of most of this thread with me so she could see all the pictures. We pretty much ended up going off of the Harry Connick Jr. pictures for the most part.

Although, with the bed head I had this morning, I thought I looked more like Andrew Jackson!

andrewjacksonpictureow1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav