Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Twelve Steps Of Hataholics

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
The Serenity prayer of hats

The Serenity Prayer God grant me the serenity to be patient and find the best hatter :accept the styles I cannot change!! The courage to buy the best hats change the things I can; on the styles and wisdom to trust the hatter. For he knows the difference. Living one day at a time waiting for my caps/hats!! :clap

B! Wear Cap

New in Town
I have my scruples

Hey Bwana,
Thanks for the welcome. I just want to be clear. I don't take it around schools and the people come to me. If the demand for caps wasn't out there I wouldn't be enabling others.
LOL I just realized maybe I am into this pusher thing more than I know. I go to sober grad night every year at the high school and deal blackjack until 3 AM. I take all of the caps that are discontinued or have a flaw in them or like one that came back from a guy after New Years he said he didn't like it but it stunk of cologne. Anyway if a kid hits a blackjack I give them a cap. Probably the same old pusher game of the first one's free!
The linen has been ordered. I got the black and white, the sand and the white.
Master Capper

a title generously bestowed by sharpetoys

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Waiting for paypal

jamespowers said:
Welcome to the forum Brett.
I have to see if you have a #24 in stock for Sharpe. :p

Regards to all,

J

Dear JP,
I have the cap ready to go for Mr. Sharpey along with a belated birthday card from you. I need you to just paypal and Sharpey will have his cap by Tues.
Regards,

Brett Master Capper :D :clap :D

http://mariposa.yosemite.net/bwear/form.html B ! Wear Cap Co.

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Help from Wild Root and Mattdeckerd

Brett,
Needs your input on Vintage Caps. Any info you could post sure would help him. He wants to make the caps like they did in the 1930's. He may set up on his web site A New Vintage Cap.

You guys could send in old moth eaten wool jackets and he could take the good parts and make the caps. He can make any style!! He is a True Master Capper!!
Thanks and Regards,

Sharpey

http://mariposa.yosemite.net/bwear/form.htmlHis web site for now.

SHARPETOYS said:
Dear JP,
I have the cap ready to go for Mr. Sharpey along with a belated birthday card from you. I need you to just paypal and Sharpey will have his cap by Tues.
Regards,

Brett Master Capper :D :clap :D

http://mariposa.yosemite.net/bwear/form.html B ! Wear Cap Co.

Hmmm... would that mean he is an extra extra large in caps? :p I have an old vest and an old piece of material. Could you make either into a #7 for Sharpey?
They look like this:

white-vest.jpg

or this:

neon-material.jpg

I think the bottom one would look really great. :rolleyes: :p

Regards to all,

J

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
nice

jamespowers said:
Oh boy a pendleton. :rolleyes: It will go with my pendleton shirt jackets. :p Sure if it stays at $2 but then again it is still too small for me. 23 1/2 is a bit tight on me in caps. I need 24" to fit my head into it. :cheers1: 7UP or Grape NeHi

Regards to all,

J
You can wet it and wool will stretch. So go for it ;)

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
B ! WEAR HAT CO Linen Newsboy Caps

I ordered some linen for our Master Capper to try out here is what I have coming in.

B ! WEAR HAT CO "Newsboy Caps" Master Capper Brett C.Stiles

My lady wanted some linen ones so we ordered the fabric to send to B ! WEAR CAP CO.

.http://mariposa.yosemite.net/bwear

These are the colors she picked for her Custom Made Caps.

http://www.denverfabrics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=LNITL-Special

We got the Turquoise, Cerise, Olive Night and White.

Brett, The Master Capper does not know if if the Medium Weight will work the dark denim may be to light in weight for a cap so I took a chance. I can have something else made out of the linen.!!

http://www.denverfabrics.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/LI/14203.150.jpg

He also orderd some other linens in other colors

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
I ordered the black and white herringbone and also the blue corduroy. I can hardly wait!!

We are waayyyy off the wagon, Roger. Sounds like your spouse has the same affliction.

Nice linens. Hope you will post pictures once you get the caps.

karol

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Hat meetings One hat at a time is our slogan

We had our meeting and had 17 people show up. Great turn out. The topic was self control. After about 30 minutes we said try to just buy one hat/cap a month.

I said to self!! Hell I will buy one a month but order 12 more for the rest of the year. Makes sense to me. K.D. made it and she is really out of control. We all are worried about her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. She is the nicest lady. We all will call her on daily basics.

I asked her for credit cards and check book. She said No. I really don't understand.???

Meeting was over at 9:15 PM.

Sharpey the slipper! :) !

PS. Had straw on wiper blade this week!! ??

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Oh, boy, I just got off the Bwana thread and am drooling over that newest prototype II hat Art just made.

No, you can't have K.D.'s checkbook and credit cards. It wouldn't do any good -- the cards are maxed out and the checking account is very low.

Ah, but I have all those lovely hats and caps.

Am I a sick puppy or what!??!

karol

SHARPETOYS said:
We had our meeting and had 17 people show up. Great turn out. The topic was self control. After about 30 minutes we said try to just buy one hat/cap a month.

I said to self!! Hell I will buy one a month but order 12 more for the rest of the year. Makes sense to me. K.D. made it and she is really out of control. We all are worried about her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. She is the nicest lady. We all will call her on daily basics.

I asked her for credit cards and check book. She said No. I really don't understand.???

Meeting was over at 9:15 PM.

Sharpey the slipper! :) !

PS. Had straw on wiper blade this week!! ??

Yeah it was a good meeting. Much better snacks this time. The crabcakes were excellent. The crowd keeps getting bigger each time. Pretty soon we are going to need to rent a hall or some place bigger. Maybe next time it can be a BBQ. That would be great.
The evening ended with most of us outside enjoying the night air whilst smoking pipes and cigars. I have to confess that the Perique pipe tabacco kind of made me light headed. Are you sure no one "spiked it?" :p
All in all a very productive meeting. Sharpe is now our duly elected President---even though he wanted to be treasurer. :p I got the job of Treasurer. KD is our Secretary and AndyKev is Vice President. Committees have yet to be decided upon.

Regards to all,

J

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Not only does K.D. have class, she has two new caps -- the black and white herringbone you see on the B!Wear caps website. It looks so good and drapes beautifully.

The other cap I decided to get was the blue corduroy cap, also shown on the site. It is my first corduroy cap, but not my last. A lighter hat, a great color and it looks good.

Thanks, Brett!

Roger and James -- My two sponsors, I am beyond saving at this point. I love my fedoras and newsboy caps. Hope you understand.

karol

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
K.D. Lightner said:
Not only does K.D. have class, she has two new caps -- the black and white herringbone you see on the B!Wear caps website. It looks so good and drapes beautifully.

The other cap I decided to get was the blue corduroy cap, also shown on the site. It is my first corduroy cap, but not my last. A lighter hat, a great color and it looks good.

Thanks, Brett!

Roger and James -- My two sponsors, I am beyond saving at this point. I love my fedoras and newsboy caps. Hope you understand.

karol

K.D. I know I can speak for JP. We love you very much. We will save you or just go down with you!! :cry: :cry:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou