Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Twelve Steps Of Hataholics

The Wingnut said:
Just a few tips when posting photos:

Keep the file size for photos under 60k and you should be all right. Keep the largest dimension(height or width) under 700 pixels, and you'll still have plenty of detail, but it'll fit on everyone's screen. Use 'medium' jpg compression (basically right in the middle of the scale), and there shouldn't be an excessive amount of image corruption.

Good advice.
One more question: "how did you get to be "certifiably nuts" above your avatar?" That is hilarious. :p

Regards to all,

J

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Hard choice

B! Wear Cap said:
It's hard to imagine that I would describe this group as shy, but I have yet to receive a pic of one of you wearing your B! Wear cap. As a blatant act of pandering I would like to suggest that as soon as I get a number of pics I will set up a special section of my gallery titled The Fedora Lounge Gang. the link to the gallery is at the bottom of my page.
http://mariposa.yosemite.net/bwear

I am now thinking of myself as the bartender of the hataholic crew.

Brett
I have taken several pics of my 10,000 lol :cool: caps I bought from you.

MK, said he didn't have the server space. I guess I will just flip a coin they all are nice :)

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
K.D. Lightner said:
Brett -- Wish I could show off my lovely new caps. I have to ask a friend to take photos of them, then I have to find a way to get them onto the lounge. I have had trouble trying to post things since they changed their format a couple of months ago.

I can't complain, I am one of the culprits who submitted over-large photos, not understanding that, just because I shrank them up on my computer didn't mean they would stay that way when I posted them onto the lounge.

The Photobucket thing confuses me. People have attempted to help me post, but it just doesn't happen. I need to bring over a techie friend to help me or I could email them to someone else to post, I guess.

As I write this, I am wearing my new black&white herringbone cap at work. They love the caps and I get lots of compliments on them. I would be happy to see the linens and any other swatches you want to send me. I am, after all, a capoholic as well as a hatoholic.

karol

K.D.
I heard you have a nice new cap coming real soon from one of your buds here at The Fedora Lounge. I wonder who it could be!! [angel]

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Roger -- well, I know Brett is sending me some swatches, but are you telling me someone I know has ordered a cap for me??

Now, Roger, whoever could that be?!!?

Tell me, tell me....

Oh, wow!! Thanks, whoever you are. And I think I know who....

karol

:cheers1: :cool:

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
K.D. Lightner said:
Roger -- well, I know Brett is sending me some swatches, but are you telling me someone I know has ordered a cap for me??

Now, Roger, whoever could that be?!!?

Tell me, tell me....

Oh, wow!! Thanks, whoever you are. And I think I know who....

karol

:cheers1: :cool:

All I know he thinks you are one Classy lady!! Oh, and nice too. :) :) :) ;)

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I just saw my doctor

My doctor told me that having each hat in a separate hat box is just a testament to my illness. I have to come to grips with taking each hat out of it's protective box, and stack them in some corner of the room. Then I dispose of the boxes...and begin the mental and visual reduction of the "collection".

Then the three manual, and one electric hat stretcher, hat block, flanges, and support stands need to gravitate to the fireplace. See, wood burns. You have to remove those reminders of your illness.

I have to clead out the bookcase also. My doctor says send those hat books, vintage catalogs, and technical manuals to Florida. I don't really know why he said "Florida". Do they have some big library down there?

Lastly, my doctor told me that to really begin to control my "compulsion", I have to CANCEL my EBAY account. I don't know if I can do that.

Will you in my support group, you know who you are, hold my hand for this?

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Sounds like a move to me.

Cabin in the woods no cable or phone service.Then no computer no Ebay or other sites. You could train Pigeons to send messages . Sell hat collection for $1.2 million plus your retirement you could make ends meet.

Walks with the dog and kids thru thr forrest.

That should get you on the road to recovery in order. ;) :) ;)

Sharpey

Andykev said:
My doctor told me that having each hat in a separate hat box is just a testament to my illness. I have to come to grips with taking each hat out of it's protective box, and stack them in some corner of the room. Then I dispose of the boxes...and begin the mental and visual reduction of the "collection".

Then the three manual, and one electric hat stretcher, hat block, flanges, and support stands need to gravitate to the fireplace. See, wood burns. You have to remove those reminders of your illness.

Will you in my support group, you know who you are, hold my hand for this?

Sure I will help. Just send all of the hats over to me and you won't have to stack them---just leave them in their boxes. ;) That goes for the flammable stuff too. Just box it all up. I will keep it for you until you get better---though they might end up mysteriously stretching to a size 7 5/8. :p

Regards to all,

J

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Yeah, JP, and what about my red turtle (see above website, #27).

Oh, Andykev, you really do have it bad. I would suggest you have James for a sponsor. He can cure you (for a few days anyway) by showing you some insipid hats selling on ebay. He's even better at finding them than I am.

karol

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Oh, wow, Brett just sent me some swatches of linen and corduroy!! They're beautiful, I don't yet have a linen cap.... There's tans and browns and red and gray and....

Oh, no!!
Help me,
guys, I'm
falling
off
the
wagon
Aarr-
ggh-
h!
!!!

karol

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Oh, lord, the gray corduroy is nice, so is the brown, I am not white cap sort of girl, so will ignore that. Among the linens, there is a berry red which is really nice, a light biege color, which is also nice, and a black and white tweedy linen.

I guess number one would be either the gray in corduroy or the berry red in linen, followed by the brown cord.

karol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou