Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Twelve Steps Of Hataholics

Biltmore Bob

Suspended
I should be getting my new cap from Brett soon. I ordered the #11, but I had him arange the panels so that the seam is down the middle, leather band, no wire, no snap. I have found that the more I fall into the lifestyle of the Hataholic the more demanding and fussier I get.

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
I was looking again at the swatches Brett sent me, took the gray corduroy, my favorite, out onto the patio to see in the sunlight if it is a true gray or a gray green or...?

I think it is actually a gray/olive, maybe even light olive.

Whatever, it is still my favorite.

karol

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Chinese Take-out Caps...

... I'll have a #11, #13, #9 and a Coke, to go-

This is good- caps by numbers straight off the menu card.
Brett's onto a good thing here- I can imagine this thread will never end...
...145 posts and counting.
Next thing you know. I'll be ordering a cap...

Greetings people-

BT.

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Wow, four caps! I almost died of ecstacy when I received two at one time.

What colors did you and Jo select? I assume two of them are for her (we women look so good in those caps, you see men and women wearing caps everywhere now in San Diego!).

Tuesday it is, will we be able to see photos? (I can live vircariously through others' hats and caps until my bank account grows again)....

Dentist and taxes -- I too prefer the dentist. Less painful, plus my dentist loves my fedoras.

karol

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Yes, red is my very favorite color, always has been. I have tweed caps with flecks of red in them, I have a red cowboy hat, but no red cap. Red would be good, linen or corduroy.

I don't have a linen cap yet. Those linen swatches Brett sent to me had a really nice feel. For warm weather, which is most of the year here, I bet linen would be the way to go. I can even tell the difference between my corduroy and wool caps. Much cooler. And if the cap matches my red Saturn Ion, that is even better.

As for the wild side, yes, a wild old girl in red!

karol

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
K.D. Lightner said:
Yes, red is my very favorite color, always has been. I have tweed caps with flecks of red in them, I have a red cowboy hat, but no red cap. Red would be good, linen or corduroy.

I don't have a linen cap yet. Those linen swatches Brett sent to me had a really nice feel. For warm weather, which is most of the year here, I bet linen would be the way to go. I can even tell the difference between my corduroy and wool caps. Much cooler. And if the cap matches my red Saturn Ion, that is even better.

As for the wild side, yes, a wild old girl in red!

karol

Karol,
Your post have made me laugh at times but other times they have touched me to the core of my being. I think you are just such a nice person to all . It makes want to EMINATE /Copy you.I feel truly blessed to know you just a tiny bit of you. I feel that when you make a post I always see the most beauitful peson!!! You wear "no masks" you are just K.D.

In this day and time that is so rare and yet you share your gift with all.
God Bless You,

Roger

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Thank you, Roger. I am touched. I need all the blessings I can get (we all do).

When I post, I try to be supportive to the folks on the thread, to see if I can offer something -- advise or support or just a good story -- to someone. And I always appreciate the advise and support I get from all of you.

Or I just enjoy a good banter and some of you fellows here can be so funny and witty. I love that about this site. I love funny stories and the ornery banter that goes on here. I like to research and find new hats. Now that I have discovered the Google image site, will be able to post more photos.

The Fedora Lounge is now a part of my life, and the people on it, though they are folks I may never meet, are like friends or brothers or even baby brothers, for most of you are wayyyy younger than I am.

Well, have to go to work. Thanks again for your kind words.

karol

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
K.D. Was looking good.

;) K.D.,
Wore one of her new caps from B! Wear cap co. Wow she just about knocked my socks off.

We are trying to help each other but with great vendors like Panamabob, Art Fawcett, B! Wear hat co. I think we are doomed to fail.

We have Steve Aka. Fedora now making other styles besides the IJ style.

Group support is the only way. I'm not sure its to stop or keep on buying and Ebay has had a few steals and deals lately!!

Life is hard!! :cheers1: Donuts and Coffee

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Purple Fedora

Roger -- it is certainly a pretty hat. I love the color, but it would not fit my rounded face. It is also too small a size for me.

I don't wear too many wool hats anymore. I got spoiled by all you hat afficionados on this website and now am a fur felt fan (how is that for alliteration?). I have a few of them, in a variety of colors. But, not purple.

You got the color right, though; it is a beauty. If only it fit, it might be worth having a purple wool hat. I love purple....

Thanks,

karol

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
OK, guys, what is this?

It is on ebay, not a bad price for the kind of hat it is, but a little more money than I would want to pay if it is not a good hat.

Anbody know anything about this Indy style hat? Whose the seller?

http://ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Viewitem&category=52369&item=8183788740&rd=1

Let's see if I got all that right. If not (lord I might have missed a dot), it is on ebay under the above number.

What am I looking at here, Hataholic that I am? Is this a Jim Bean disguised as a Glenfiddich?

karol

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Jamespowers

I heard from a good source that poor KD is in bad shape. It takes her almost an extra hour before work just to figure out what Hat Or Cap to wear to work!!

Lets all give her a call . She really needs us.!! :rolleyes:

The Pres.

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Yes, it is true, Roger. What I do now is decide what cap I want to wear and then go to the closet to pick out the color of the wardrobe I want to wear with it. Today, it was time to wear my black and white herringbone, so I am wearing all black. Yesterday, I wore denin and my blue corduroy. I can wear the bone herringbone with almost anything. And I have other caps... not to mention my fedoras.

Life is hard.

karol

I sort of make it easy on myself by labeling the hat box. They all say what is inside and the color. That way I can just stare at the boxes and choose rather than make a mountain on the bed deciding. ;)
I choose the clothes first then the hat. Tends to take less time by constraining the choices. :p

Regards to all,

J

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Pictures please

K.D. Lightner said:
Yes, it is true, Roger. What I do now is decide what cap I want to wear and then go to the closet to pick out the color of the wardrobe I want to wear with it. Today, it was time to wear my black and white herringbone, so I am wearing all black. Yesterday, I wore denin and my blue corduroy. I can wear the bone herringbone with almost anything. And I have other caps... not to mention my fedoras.

Life is hard.

karol

I wish you would email me some pictures. My Jo an looks great in caps and hats!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

Roger

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Roger -- Will do so. I can get my friend to take digital photos of me in my new caps and send them to my computer.

I can then email them to you if you like. I would like to send them to Brett, too. He wants photos of us to put on the B!Wear website.

karol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou