Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The two man gentleman band

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
Hey guys I was wanting to share this fantastic band out of New York city. They are modern but play with that beautiful sound from the golden age. With nothing but a 4 string banjo, stand-up bass and some kazoos they have some of the best music out there. They are never seen without their bow ties and suspenders. Check out this youtube video I promise you will not be disappointed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv2GDMohKws
gentlemen.jpg

Last edited:

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
One of the best concerts I have ever witnessed live. They are so interactive with the audience and will just look at ya and scream "what you wanna hear next?" I swear my wife and I made up half of their set-list. lol

Espee

Practically Family
I saw them a few years ago on an apparently-rare west coast swing. Three guys at that show-- but only TWO claiming to be GENTLEMEN. I still have the kazoo (they passed them out for audience participation.)
My only criticism is that virtually every number was fast and furious. Which would have been great for a six-song opening act... and perhaps one would pity any main act which had to follow... but a whole show of it wore me down.
Your Mileage May Vary.
[P.S. the post directly above, was not there when I started writing mine!]

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
They have slower songs that are fantastic. I asked them to play one but they believe that their audience wants to swing so that is what they play. Check out the songs "I already have a dance partner" and "Newton Creek"

Espee

Practically Family
Espee they are now based out of LA and are touring the west coast right now. If you get a chance go see em again[/QUOTE
Maybe I will, but if convincing them to shift gears is like pulling teeth... hmmm... depending on the venue, I suppose i could go for a walk in the middle of the show "to break things up a bit" for me, anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats