Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Ultimate Hat Test(imonial)!

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Often here at the Lounge, we talk about how well a given hat can handle the rough weather. Many of us try not to expose our nicest hats to the worst weather, so sometimes it can be tough to judge.

Well, sooner or later, something unexpected happens while you've got your best lid on. :eek: Some of you may have heard about the recent tornado hit in Pennsylvania. I was at ground zero, so to speak. The dang thing marched across my back yard while I was in the front yard... wearing my precious Art Fawcett custom!:eusa_doh: The wind was terrifying, and I held onto that hat like it was a life-line. The rain hit so fast and so hard, I was drenched to the skin in seconds (except for my hair lol ). As I ran inside to get my hat to safety, I found that the power was out. I could barely see my hat at all in the dark. All I knew was it was soaked.

When the lights finally came back on, and I was done getting free water from the rescue trucks and counting my blessings that all I lost were a few trees and a car battery... I inspected my hat for signs of trauma. The thing looked as good as new. No stains, no taper, no shrinking, no damp smell. Perfect! :eusa_clap

Now, if a tornado isn't a true test of a hat, I don't know what is. So, yes; Art's hats stand up fine in bad weather... If anybody was wondering. :D
NB

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
there you have it folks...it takes a licking and keeps on ticking !!!!

Art Fawcett Super Beaver Hats....:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

mark the shoeshine boy

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Holy cow NB...forget the hat..is your family OK?? I'm thrilled that the hat held up OK but good grief, no need to go to THAT extreme. Matt's "sit test" is much safer. ;)

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
LOl.. I don't think so Gents, the "Tornado" part of this family is affectionately known as "The Boss" and trust me..you don't want to see her kick up.;)

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
It's nice to laugh about something so serious. I figured the story would, in it's own way, say that we were all OK, but what a moment! Some people a block or so away got the real brunt of it. I was really lucky. Still, it seems some insulation around my pipes came loose in the wind, and now I have frozen pipes to deal with. Still, all in all, I can't complain. I still have a house!

I think the car battery was killed by too much moisture or by lightning. I suspect the lightning, because there was quite a bit of it just before the tornado hit. Lucky me, the car is brand new, with low miles, so the warranty covered it! Now, as soon as I have enough hours in the day, I have to go get my car back.

Thanks for the laughs and concern,
NB

Blackhorse

One of the Regulars
I heard a story about a hat of Art's taking a direct lightning hit.

The lightning bounced off!!!

Well, I think it was Art that told me.

Um, he mentioned something about bullets too. :p

Glad you folks are all OK!

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
I don't think any windcord comes with a "tornado" guarantee Undertaker...checking with suppliers...yup...here it is...snowstorm, lightning strike, floods, pestulence, locus, fire, ...nope...no Tornado on the list.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot