Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The very best image of yourself

Mr. Hallack

One of the Regulars
To ALL the ladies on the forum:

You are ALL gorgeous eye candy. Thank you for making this place a more beautiful place!!

Guys: You all ok too!!

amador

A-List Customer
When out of the Powder Room the ladies come
And wander into the threads of Hat and Gun.
The denizens there will wax poetic
With primal howls and boastful rhetoric
All dressed up and looking very nice
The best part of life is of course the spice
Posing strutting showing off our stuff
It cannot ever be enough.
So post your image most devine
And let the loungers view and pine.

amador

A-List Customer
Perhaps Widebrim a verse or two in echo
Would be appropriate before you go
Does not have to be like Lord Tennyson
Just something you would like to mention.

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
I am normally happy with photos of myself in white tie and tails, though I rarely get to wear them...
400740148.jpg

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Whatever image I may now project...with my Stetson and Old South cottonfield and whatever other claptrap...of course, is just an image. The thread asks for the best image of one's self. Well, this is probably the most truthful image...if not the most flattering. This was taken twenty-seven years ago. I'm cruising through a salt marsh creek, late on a cold winter's day. Not in the photo, but probably at my feet, are a few dozen decoys, an old model 11-48, a couple of tins of sardines and maybe a box of crackers. Just a good 'ol boy...no money, no worries and happy as a clam.

Sometimes, when I'm up in Superior Court, talking to a judge or a defense attorney about whether some person ought to go to prison...and wondering who the hell am I to decide...I think back to the days when this photo was taken...and I really...really...miss them.

029-1.jpg

AF

Last edited:

p51

One Too Many
I'm a little torn. Seeing that I'm not exactly a handsome man (and less so with each passing year), it's tough to get a good shot of me, but a couple of people have:
LeeInP51sitting.jpg

gunfighterMe.jpg

But this one has to be my favorite, a simple snapshot that worked great in b/w:
WarCoLee.jpg

alsendk

A-List Customer
AllanLasVegas.jpg
[/IMG]

I think this is one of my
better pictures, normally I always manage to get my eyes closed when photographed, or have them red as a white albino rabbit. Taken on a hotel in Las Vegas, when visiting that years car display...one year after Kathrina. Can`t remember what year anymore...and Cannot either remember the name of the hotel.

Last edited:

p51

One Too Many
Those are all good ones, P51. Is that 7th Cavalry you're doing in the middle one?
Nope, 1st Volunteer Cavalry, Span-Am war. This isn't re-enacting as such, was taken after a cowboy action shooting even, which explains the non-correct belt and six guns (matched set of Ruger NMVs with custom grips).
LeeRRblue.jpg

Last edited:

Dixie_Amazon

Practically Family
I'm a little torn. Seeing that I'm not exactly a handsome man (and less so with each passing year), it's tough to get a good shot of me, but a couple of people have:
Don't really agree with your assement of you looks. I especially like the first one. I have a soft spot for aviators.

p51

One Too Many
I really like the very first one you posted, p51!
Thanks, something about the pilot gear that really turns people's heads. I never understood it, but I actually would have woman flocking to me dressed like that around an airplane (God knows that never happened otherwise). I'm not too old to look the part these days, but I'm getting there with a quickness.
Don't really agree with your assement of you looks. I especially like the first one. I have a soft spot for aviators.
I appreciate that. I wasn't fishing for compliments, but it's obvious that I get a lot more attention when I'm dressed in my WW2 duds than when I'm in my normal clothes. But then again, lots of people into vintage stuff can say the same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana