Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The very best image of yourself

Edward

Bartender
Nick D said:
Thanks, Edward. It's from a '40s pattern, actually an interesting example of fabric rationing from the war years, with the front calling for muslin interfacing, not canvas, and the collar, waistband, and cuffs not interfaced at all

Here's a link to the pattern: http://www.evadress.com/3969.html That photo was featured on Evadress' page last year as a customer profile.

Thanks, I'll be certain to check that out. Really like the look, nice alternative to a period style leather.

Mr_D.

A-List Customer
See avatar, just had them done with my family. and I rather like the photo, I normally don't like photos of myself.

HosManHatter

One of the Regulars
Excellent thread youse Guys `n Dolls. *lighting cigar*

I`ve never tried going totally vintage(mainly because of being obese) but now that I`ve lost 100lbs(gastric bypass last Jan.) I may actually be able to find some stuff in my size! :)

Very impressive pictures my fellow FL-ites! Everyone looks natural and normal(just with much cooler clothing is all)- :D -and that`s a huge part of making vintage/period attire "work". I especially like seeing those classy ladies. ;)

Very Stylish!
HMH

p.s. the Scots deserve special mention. Hoot mon!

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
bild9farbefinalopt.jpg

Maybe this picture because it also has a history. I went to this fotoshooting with a photographer I knew before. He had contacted a new fashion label for vintage clothing. They seemed nice and so I agreed to work with them.
I met the seamstress on the set and found her really interesting. We're a couple since half a year now.:)

I wear her "sailor" oufit in the picture. (She is not the dame in the background.) My haircut also looks nice, I think.

I will get some new pictures from a shooting 2 weeks ago soon. I already saw a small preview. Maybe my new favourite picture will be one of them.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Flat Foot Floey said:
bild9farbefinalopt.jpg

Maybe this picture because it also has a history. I went to this fotoshooting with a photographer I knew before. He had contacted a new fashion label for vintage clothing. They seemed nice and so I agreed to work with them.
I met the seamstress on the set and found her really interesting. We're a couple since half a year now.:)

I wear her "sailor" oufit in the picture. (She is not the dame in the background.) My haircut also looks nice, I think.

I will get some new pictures from a shooting 2 weeks ago soon. I already saw a small preview. Maybe my new favourite picture will be one of them.
This belongs in the What Celeb Do You Look Like thread. Answer, Roddy MacDowell.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Roddy who?
3918556884_db9f284a38.jpg

Oh yes, I certainly do. Very masculine, isn't it? Thats why I wear a sailor outfit.
;)

Thank you, Widebrim. Der Herr is very amused.

I really like the saxonphone image of fletch. Looks like the jazz photography of William Claxton or Herman Leonard.
Oh and Big Man has a very charismatic appearance in his picture. A real man!

And... Uh... I don't even start with the ladies. There are quite a few real classy and beautiful ladies in the lounge.:eusa_clap

Foofoogal

Banned
c-dot. I love your hair. Very nice photo of you. ...and I loved Edmonton.

Is it still hopping? Went a few years back and it was booming. Signs everywhere at restaurants needing help. Seemed like a person could get tired of a job and go next door to get their pick.
Stayed a few weeks and got to visit several antique malls if I remember.
A lot of English glass there.

MikeBravo

One Too Many
Boodles said:
Excuse me, Mr Finch, for buttin' in here...but..Mr. Warbaby sir, the get-up Mr. Finch is wearing is not at all suitable for a overseer of a road gang, in this neck-o-the-wood, even if there were such a thing as a road gang any more. The hat is an OR and not Smokey the Bear. The clothes would be Dickies or the like in twotone uniform gray, no tie, no jacket. Missing also is a pack of Pall Mall or Lucky Strikes. There would be RayBans alright but in large aviator (the really cool guys had mirror lens) not the "Risky Business" style. And most of all only a gentleman, such as Mr. Finch, would be totin' a Browning BSS with bird barrels. The bonafide chain gang man would have a 50 year old Fox Sterlingworth with NRA 20% remaining bluing and with 18 to 20" barrels. Moreover, to be an rank chain gang supervisor you gotta have a gut big enough to push your hubcap sized belt buckle out far enough so you can balance that Fox Sterlingworth on it while you are lighting up that LSMFT, with a well worn zippo of course. Nosir, a gentleman bird/rabbit shooter and a chain gang shotgun man are just not the same folk, at least to my way of thinking.

What we've got here is failure to communicate

Strother-Martin.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21