Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The waiting is the hardest part ....

Jwag

One of the Regulars
I'm waiting for a LW ryder. Last I heard from Stuart was he would send me a confirmation email before they cut. That was feb 26th. Seems like a long time, but counting the days it really hasn't been that long at all.

Last edited:

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The thing that kills me, is it only takes a 2-3 days for the jacket to get from San Francisco (ordering through Thurston) to Australia yet it takes a full week for it to clear customs and get from the airport to about a 30 minute drive away.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
The thing that kills me, is it only takes a 2-3 days for the jacket to get from San Francisco (ordering through Thurston) to Australia yet it takes a full week for it to clear customs and get from the airport to about a 30 minute drive away.
Do you get stung for customs tax?

That's what I don't understand - I always read how people in the US or Australia get their jackets in two or three days, yet I have to wait for a full week for it to reach another EU country that's 12 hrs of driving time away from Scotland.

Drax said:
Doesn't make it any easier though about when you open the box & hope it's what you wanted?

It does - except when the jacket turns out to be too large. Then it doesn't. I hope this won't be the case as I've only two more months tops to enjoy it. :D

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I been waiting 18 months for a pair of full wellington ts by D. W. Fommer. 18 month was the original estimate wait but D. W. is running behind due to illness. the wait is not the hardest part it's the $2,200 price tag.

Windstorm81

One of the Regulars
I'm waiting for a LW ryder. Last I heard from Stuart was he would send me a confirmation email before they cut. That was feb 26th. Seems like a long time, but counting the days it really hasn't been that long at all.

That seems quite long for LW. Probably busy again. When I ordered my Suburban in November, it was 3 weeks total from Order to Delivery even with all the extra customizations I had asked for.

thor

One Too Many
That seems quite long for LW. Probably busy again. When I ordered my Suburban in November, it was 3 weeks total from Order to Delivery even with all the extra customizations I had asked for.
My January LW Raider order (with minor customization) took about 5 weeks (well worth the wait!).

And here we go again! DHL, Express and all... I reckon it should take it a good two weeks to arrive. lol

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Try waiting for what I know will most likely be an eternity until I get $1000 to spare on a new jacket. Although what it does is really give me time to reflect and enjoy what I already own. Easy to overlook when I'm always thinking about the next one. It's good to switch off "acquisition mode" once in a while.

Oh, don't worry about that, I'm expecting to have just about enough money for my next jacket at around 2035 so there will be plenty of time to enjoy this one, whether I like it or not. lol

I'm hoping I will work out for this jacket. All those jackets were nothing sort of perfect. It's me who's the problem, mate.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
all jackets will work if you wear it with confidence ...right? :)

I'm waiting for a small carved bullet pendant for my zip puller, a couple of metal wolfhead badge (I think it is a replica from Final Fantasy Advent Children), I want to sew on the upper sleeve of my jacket... already 2 months waiting
oh and my jeans.

our postal service is BAD...

still happy my boots arrived last week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ