Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Walking Dead on AMC

MikePotts

Practically Family
The Walking Dead was one of my guilty pleasures last season. I too watched the season 2 premiere and was disappointed to find only 5 zombie kills, non with the obvious tool !(a suppressed high powered pistol or rifle) and obvious product placement from Gerber Knives/Axes and Hyundai......they're goin' soft!

MP

The Walking Dead was one of my guilty pleasures last season. I too watched the season 2 premiere and was disappointed to find only 5 zombie kills, non with the obvious tool !(a suppressed high powered pistol or rifle) and obvious product placement from Gerber Knives/Axes and Hyundai......they're goin' soft!

MP

Just payin' da bills!

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
A 'season premiere' is supposed to be special, not just a plain ol' episode. "The Walking Dead" had an outstanding, out-of-the-ballbark first season opener ... but IMO, this second season premiere didn't seem special at all. It had the feel of an ordinary third or fourth episode, but (needlessly) longer.

TCMfan25

Practically Family
I thought it was good, but I agree with Marc, it lacked "season premiere pa-nash". I still enjoyed it.

In the first season was sad about the horse :deadhorse :(...

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
The horse was sad, yes. So was the pathetic female zombie that was cut in two, badly decomposed, and with no hope of capturing "food" ... and still she crawled, inch by inch.

walking_dead_bicycle.jpg

But then, one magical day, she got herself a boyfriend.

Walk3.jpg

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
Ha... priceless. I've been following the book from early on, and the half-zombie was equally emotionally affecting in that. I'm so glad they didn't let it down by going all mawkish and saccharine on screen. Beautifully realised.

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
I thought it was good, but I agree with Marc, it lacked "season premiere pa-nash". I still enjoyed it.

In the first season was sad about the horse :deadhorse :(...

Me, too - it reminds me of when I made myself watch the remake of I Am Legend, and I was so worried about the dog. That is one thing that tells me The Walking Dead is well done - I was worried about both the horse and the Sheriff.

I'm so looking forward to 10 p.m. on Friday!

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
Okay, so the ending of the debut didn't have quite the "wow" factor of the 1st series (I mean, how can you beat that "totally up **** creek without a paddle" ending with the well-cued music and that beautiful shot where the camera moved up to show the little tiny tank and ALL THOSE ZOMBIES around it?), but still, I was so expecting a lurching zombie out of the bushes and not what did happen. Admittedly, I don't get around much, but it's still the best thing I've seen on the telly in a long while, and I'm planning on being in front of it for the duration of the series.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
An article by the Hollywood Reporter just made me realize how little job security actors have on a zombie show:

There also have been no public comments from the cast [about Darabont's firing], and a source with knowledge of the situation says AMC has been "terrorizing" them and their representatives to discourage them from speaking out on Darabont's behalf. "They're scared," confirms another insider. "They're on a zombie show. They are all really easy to kill off."

Ha!

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
If the insider comment is true, it is a pathetic move by AMC to gag actors with a threat of becoming zombie fodder.

Yep.

AMC is trying to cut costs because it owns the show completely. (Not so "Mad Men" and "Breaking Bad".) One example from the article:

[AMC asked the show's makers] "Couldn't the audience hear the zombies sometimes and not see them, to save on makeup costs?"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana