Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thedi Antiqued Tan Buffalo Cross Button Jacket

Just arrived by UPS. Carrie nailed the fit IMO. Fit pics to follow. This leather appears much brighter in photos than it actually is for some reason...

20190115_132603.jpg

Windward

Practically Family
Hey, I am the first who looking at your new Beauty ! - I have my eyes on Thedi....how does Buffalo feels is it like steer or softer?
Very fine and elegant leather and great design as well. Congratulation!

dannyk

One Too Many
Hey, I am the first who looking at your new Beauty ! - I have my eyes on Thedi....how does Buffalo feels is it like steer or softer?
Very fine and elegant leather and great design as well. Congratulation!
This Buffalo may not be a perfect example because Thedi uses some sort of wash/finish to give it that “antique” look. But I have several boots, and shoes made from Buffalo (I know not a jacket so not 100% comparable haha) but in my experience with those and handling several Buffalo jackets. It’s actually much softer, and a better drape than steer or horse. But thicker. Almost spongey. So usually at least if it’s full grain much thicker/Heftier but softer and more pliable. But HD I’m sure will tell you exactly how Thedis Buffalo hide is!

This Thedi buffalo is not at all spongy or soft but quite the opposite. It is heavy and has a crisp finish or hand that neither HH or steer has in my experience. I didn't want to say a hard finish..crisp seems to be a better example. Theo uses a finish of bee's wax along with a slightly darker antiquing wash. However, it doesn't feel waxy but is rather smooth or slick.

The little things stand out as well such as inside vented leather under arm strips and a leather strip under the zippered inside pocket with my name and date on it. I am not really a stitch natzi but the stitching looks firm and straight to me. The button hole stitching is a standout. It looks very well done compared to most other jackets I have handled without even a hint of a loose thread.

The Thedi black cotton lining differs from nubby cotton drill in that it has a thick soft flannel feel to it and it should be warmer since is not an open weave.

The sleeves are lined in a satin type material that makes getting the jacket off and on very easy. This jacket is very comfortable to wear. The sleeves are already slightly creased so it seems there is really no break-in actually required. It already feels molded to my body and...in place. In fact it seems to be my favorite jacket by far..so far :D More updates to come when I get a chance to wear it more.
I'm happy
HD

Last edited:

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
This Thedi buffalo is not at all spongy or soft but quite the opposite. It is heavy and has a crisp finish or hand that neither HH or steer has in my experience. I didn't want to say a hard finish..crisp seems to be a better example. Theo uses a finish of bee's wax along with a slightly darker antiquing wash. However, it doesn't feel waxy but is rather smooth or slick.

The little things stand out as well such as inside vented leather under arm strips and a leather strip under the zippered inside pocket with my name and date on it. I am not really a stitch natzi but the stitching looks firm and straight to me. The button hole stitching is a standout. It looks very well done compared to most other jackets I have handled without even a hint of a loose thread.

The Thedi black cotton lining differs from nubby cotton drill in that it has a thick soft flannel feel to it and it should be warmer since is not an open weave.

The sleeves are lined in a satin type material that makes getting the jacket off and on very easy. This jacket is very comfortable to wear. The sleeves are already slightly creased so it seems there is really no break-in actually required. It already feels molded to my body and...in place. In fact it seems to be my favorite jacket by far..so far :D More updates to come when I get a chance to wear it more.
I'm happy
HD

I'm happy to hear you like the jacket that much. Your post reminds me of how passionate I was with some of the jackets I received. We all know it's not always like that and it's great that in this case the long wait paid off so well! Looking forward to seeing some fit pictures!

Colin G

One Too Many
Nice. The wait is over.

My Thedi was shipped out when yours was so it should land up here in Canada, early next week.

I am happy for you! The jacket looks great.

Looks like I may need to use my spray bottle to shape the bottom of the jacket better and straighten out the wrinkles...

View attachment 152262 View attachment 152263 View attachment 152264 View attachment 152265 View attachment 152266 View attachment 152267 View attachment 152268
Holy Sh^t!!! Damn HD. Not gonna lie these pics made me smile. Love every detail. Fit is perfect and the little Indian head coin is the absolute cherry on top. Congrats man! Nailed it to the ground!

dannyk

One Too Many
I’m officially jealous. Damn Thedi makes something special. And I normally hate antique, vintaged, worn /broken-in looks. But that Thedi bees wax finish is something special. You look great. Still have that Teamster HD? It’s similar and a great jacket but I think this one takes the cake as they say.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Looks like I may need to use my spray bottle to shape the bottom of the jacket better and straighten out the wrinkles...

View attachment 152262 View attachment 152263 View attachment 152264 View attachment 152265 View attachment 152266 View attachment 152267 View attachment 152268 View attachment 152269

Eyyyyy HD smiling... now that's a first time! That'a how I used to tell apart @Fanch and you! He was the one smiling. :D

In all seriousness though, jacket looks amazing! Congratulations!

It may seem that I am going on and on about this jacket, but I must say that I love the way this jacket is finished. Putting it on, it just falls in place like it was molded on me. It seems the 'crisp' or 'firm' finish of the leather and Theo's shaping is probably the cause. I wore it to my appointment and it didn't seem like a new jacket but more like one I have worn for years. It is sure going to be difficult to change up and wear my brown Aero CXL Bootlegger, Battered Tan Aero Teamster, and Vintage Black Aero Stuart. I fear they may hang mostly in the closet. We'll see..but I may sell them if I find myself not wearing them. This Thedi is that remarkable for me.
HD

oneterrifichog

Practically Family

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ