Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thedi leather MTC-D1279720

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Theo is the best at getting the fit right and his patterns are up there as well. No need to worry :)

Edit: When I ordered my first jacket, I simply answered his questions and went with his recommendations. It worked very well.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
@marker2037 @torfjord @Marc mndt @red devil thats exactly the same response I got from @Robbie79 when I was in the process of ordering but man it's just one of those I can't help but to be anxious about without knowing what base size and measurements he will use lol buts it is very reassuring so thanks

I get that and I was anxious about it like you were. His first recommendation was size L, but only based on my height. I didn't really understand what he meant, I'm usually a size M. During our conversation he explained that he would be using the back and sleeve lenght of a size L but in all other dimensions a size M. Too long and slim for a for standard size M I guess. Well, it worked out great. He did all the job in sizing the jacket to my body measurements. I would not worry about ordering from Thedi again.

In fact, having had this for two days now, I wish I could start over in this hobby. If I could go back in time I would advise myself to skip all other jackets and makers and just order a couple from Thedi and be perfectly happy and content. Thedi is #1 of all the jackets I've had and by a wide margin.

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
@marker2037 @torfjord @Marc mndt @red devil thats exactly the same response I got from @Robbie79 when I was in the process of ordering but man it's just one of those I can't help but to be anxious about without knowing what base size and measurements he will use lol buts it is very reassuring so thanks

Yeah no need to worry, if for any reason something went wrong, Theo woudl sort you out anyway :)

I get that and I was anxious about it like you were. His first recommendation was size L, but only based on my height. I didn't really understand what he meant, I'm usually a size M. During our conversation he explained that he would be using the back and sleeve lenght of a size L but in all other dimensions a size M. Too long and slim for a for standard size M I guess. Well, it worked out great. He did all the job in sizing the jacket to my body measurements. I would not worry about ordering from Thedi again.

In fact, having had this for two days now, I wish I could start over in this hobby. If I could go back in time I would advise myself to skip all other jackets and makers and just order a couple from Thedi and be perfectly happy and content. Thedi is #1 of all the jackets I've had and by a wide margin.

I have been singing his praises since my first jacket, and in time have been joined by many other members, but it is one thing to read other people's reviews and another to actually have it in hand. Hindsight is always a pain, so leave her be :D

The journey makes it worthwhile, you appreciate this jacket more because of your experience with other brands :)

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Yeah no need to worry, if for any reason something went wrong, Theo woudl sort you out anyway :)

I have been singing his praises since my first jacket, and in time have been joined by many other members, but it is one thing to read other people's reviews and another to actually have it in hand. Hindsight is always a pain, so leave her be :D

The journey makes it worthwhile, you appreciate this jacket more because of your experience with other brands :)

You were one of the early Thedi supporters on this forum, actually I think one of the first that made me have a look at his jackets. I guess I wasn't ready by then :). You do have a point, it would be harder to appreciate the quality of Thedi if I didn't have points of comparison that I have now.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
When you get into a jacket/jackets thst are just perfect for you in every way, it's an amazing feeling. I would also argue though that you can't reach that point without some other mistakes on the way. It's just more rewarding after you've learned the lessons. This Thedi is certainly a worthy reward.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab

Good thing he atleast explained what he was planning to do for your project, I did not have that when I ordered mine but maybe because my dimensions are easy for him to translate on a pattern.

Wow that sentiment is fairly common with Thedi jacket owners, congrats again Hannes

That's good to know he is a stand up kind of guy but I'm hoping it's an ideal fit from the get go.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
please report back what he says and which measurements he gives if you can. A part of me would just want to trust him and see whether he makes something better fitting than I ever had before. What would you do if he came back at you with a shoulder or chest measurement that you feel is out of your 'preferred' range?
He sent me a follow up email, no disclosure of measurements though. He did guarantee a perfect fit so maybe it will be just that but looks like I'll just know when it gets delivered to me whenever that will be.

Maxwell Von Chesapeake

A-List Customer
This just arrived a couple of hours ago. I don’t even know what to say. Except maybe, everything I’ve been told about how awesome Thedi is, it’s true all of it.

View attachment 340022

I ordered back at the end of March sometime, so about 70 days waiting. The ordering process was pretty smooth, I sent him my measurements and he recommended a size. I only had some questions about how they size their jackets. Theodoros actually gave me a call and after a couple of minutes of talking to him I eventually placed my order.

I decided to go with the washed olive green goat. It is substantial and has a lot of character.

The fit and the pattern is the best I’ve ever had in any jacket, custom or vintage or off the rack. It’s tight but completely comfortable. It hugs my body and I have good range of motion.

Alright, on to the pics, this is how happy I am with my Thedi jacket:
View attachment 340027

View attachment 340028 View attachment 340030 View attachment 340031 View attachment 340029

Details:
View attachment 340033 View attachment 340034 View attachment 340032
What a beauty. I had a disappointing Thedi experience, but I think that was just down to me not being firm enough with what I wanted. This jacket is making me want to scratch that itch again.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
6028F6B1-2295-4121-BD09-9DC596CA41FB.jpeg
4AB22B55-1F3C-4681-B780-2651EEACB554.jpeg
7CFCCEEE-86E6-4594-AF04-648ABC0440CD.jpeg

Some update pics. This still stands as my favourite jacket of all time.

Attachments

• 57C8ADD4-9C87-403A-9DF5-8799B2473353.jpeg
    57C8ADD4-9C87-403A-9DF5-8799B2473353.jpeg
    630.6 KB · Views: 48

Daniel Veit

One of the Regulars
This just arrived a couple of hours ago. I don’t even know what to say. Except maybe, everything I’ve been told about how awesome Thedi is, it’s true all of it.

View attachment 340022

I ordered back at the end of March sometime, so about 70 days waiting. The ordering process was pretty smooth, I sent him my measurements and he recommended a size. I only had some questions about how they size their jackets. Theodoros actually gave me a call and after a couple of minutes of talking to him I eventually placed my order.

I decided to go with the washed olive green goat. It is substantial and has a lot of character.

The fit and the pattern is the best I’ve ever had in any jacket, custom or vintage or off the rack. It’s tight but completely comfortable. It hugs my body and I have good range of motion.

Alright, on to the pics, this is how happy I am with my Thedi jacket:
View attachment 340027

View attachment 340028 View attachment 340030 View attachment 340031 View attachment 340029

Details:
View attachment 340033 View attachment 340034 View attachment 340032
Very nice jacket indeed!
Did you order this name tag, or is that standard with thedi?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff