Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thedi now has a website!

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
well, I sent them a RFI yesterday. Going to tell them it's all because of you Marc. Hopefully they give you a special price on your next one. I've been looking for that one last jacket for a few weeks now and there's probably 5 "one last" ones on that site. Going to take stock of what I got in my closet, what's redundant, what can my two sons wear down the road, and carve out some space.

Anyone have experience with a custom build? Are they going by body measurements or jacket measurements that fit you well?

Based on what I'm seeing on the Thurston site, prices range from $1000-1600 depending on the leather type and the customization of the finish on the leather. So that's right in range with most of the mid level manufacturers. So I'm guessing depending on how they handle the mark up, shipping, customs, etc. it should be in that range. And there's just some really cool attitude on his jackets I'm not seeing anywhere else.

Berto

One of the Regulars
well, I sent them a RFI yesterday. Going to tell them it's all because of you Marc. Hopefully they give you a special price on your next one. I've been looking for that one last jacket for a few weeks now and there's probably 5 "one last" ones on that site. Going to take stock of what I got in my closet, what's redundant, what can my two sons wear down the road, and carve out some space.

Anyone have experience with a custom build? Are they going by body measurements or jacket measurements that fit you well?

Based on what I'm seeing on the Thurston site, prices range from $1000-1600 depending on the leather type and the customization of the finish on the leather. So that's right in range with most of the mid level manufacturers. So I'm guessing depending on how they handle the mark up, shipping, customs, etc. it should be in that range. And there's just some really cool attitude on his jackets I'm not seeing anywhere else.

Some guys has bought at Thedi and can tell you.

Deerskin is definitely more expensive than your range and others leathers are on the high level.

I will also check the prices with Thedi as I'm interested.

Berto

One of the Regulars
and I miss Triangle man jacket.

a little bit weird as some stocktist are selling it.

Seank

A-List Customer
Ahh my fav leather jacket brand. Web site looks good. I just love the slightly antique wash and bee's wax finish he puts on most of his jackets.
I went through Thurston Bros. for my first two Thedis. They sent me a fit jacket and after try on added some sleeve and body length to the order. Came in a perfect fit for my tastes. They nailed it. I normally wear a size 40 ( sometimes 42 ) which translated to XL in Thedi sizing.
Weird on the sizing. I normally wear a size 40 Aero. Size 42 in the Premier line...Thedi’s medium fits me great! Snug (as I like my leather) but great. My Thedi shawl collar is a medium, wouldn’t really want it any larger. (Sleeves maybe a 1/2” smaller than I’d like but otherwise fit is excellent).
2A03D062-190E-427A-A377-4D78E11A2B72.jpeg

Last edited:

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
It’s about time. Sort of makes me want to sell everything and start over.

Damn it. That’s exactly how I feel. The power of a good presentation. I’ve already seen all of those jackets on Thedi’s Instagram, but somehow seeing them again presented in this way makes a big difference.

Brandrea33

One Too Many
Can any of you more experienced with the brand comment on the differences or characteristics of the leather. I’m not too familiar with the descriptions used on their website. For example, full veg tanned canetto cowhide vs. their other cowhides.

What other types of leathers do they offer.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Can any of you more experienced with the brand comment on the differences or characteristics of the leather. I’m not too familiar with the descriptions used on their website. For example, full veg tanned canetto cowhide vs. their other cowhides.

What other types of leathers do they offer.
Thedi offers a lot of different leathers. All vegetable tanned full aniline if I'm not mistaken. I think the jackets/leathers depicted on the website are just examples. You can get any jacket in any leather. Thedi also offers shinki.

Brandrea33

One Too Many
Thedi offers a lot of different leathers. All vegetable tanned full aniline if I'm not mistaken. I think the jackets/leathers depicted on the website are just examples. You can get any jacket in any leather. Thedi also offers shinki.
Thanks Marc, appreciated.
I’ve already reached out to them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass