Thedi now has a website!

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Marc mndt, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Boyo

Boyo One Too Many

@HoosierDaddy which of your two do you prefer.. the zip or the button front?..the two you have are the style I think I’d want when I make my move..just not sure about buttons or zips... leaning towards the button ( Hektor) in cocoa

2. Boyo
    I like both but I rarely if ever button or zip up my jackets. I think you would like the button model. More unique than the usual zip jackets.

Devarika Woulf, Boyo and handymike like this.
  3. Marc mndt

Marc mndt Call Me a Cab

Here's mine, with zipper.
    D5178F65-18EF-4D7E-83AE-B6F594A5DF6D.jpeg 3C2D997A-372C-493D-A117-1DBEED9A4973.jpeg 3AA03581-ECE8-4F4D-AF14-8080A7D78F30.jpeg

4. Seank

Seank One of the Regulars

Marc mndt likes this.
  5. jonbuilder

jonbuilder Call Me a Cab

6. Colin G

Colin G One Too Many

@Boyo it is almost worth it to get a Thedi with buttons just so you can see how masterful they are at making button holes and sewing on buttons. Thedi by far does the best and strongest version of buttons than any other maker I have experienced and that includes my Freewheelers. Thedi really puts on a button-sewing clinic with every jacket and a lot of makers would learn something.

I don't own my Thedis any longer but they are made with laser precision and wish my other jackets had their buttons sewn on like Thedi does it.

7. red devil

red devil My Mail is Forwarded Here

In the description, he says you can have it with the zipper as an alternative to buttons :)

Berto likes this.
  8. jonbuilder

jonbuilder Call Me a Cab

I was thinking of the back pleats and pocket arrangement is different from what I had found on the website. I can no copy the pictures they are protected here is a link to the closest jacket I find on the websit.
    https://thedi-leathers.com/product/cafe-racer-mtc-127920/

Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
    Berto likes this.
  9. Berto

Berto One of the Regulars

They are applying some filters on those pics.

The real ones are lighter. there are a bunch of pics of that jacket in the forum.

10. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

@Boyo, whichever you get, please go for the fuzzy collar!

JoeNiblick and Boyo like this.
  11. Marc mndt

Marc mndt Call Me a Cab

12. Berto

Berto One of the Regulars

13. jonbuilder

jonbuilder Call Me a Cab

Marc, I like your jacket better than what the model is wearing, I agree yours looks shorter

Marc mndt likes this.
  14. Marc mndt

Marc mndt Call Me a Cab

True, mine is 60 cm / 24' which is pretty much my preferred length for most jacket styles. I'm 180 / 5'11. I guess I wear my jackets rather short?

15. Marc mndt

Marc mndt Call Me a Cab

... It still covers my belt.
    B96C9D01-F897-4B21-967B-557A0B18B487.jpeg

MrProper, Jin431, Bennarion and 6 others like this.
  16. jglf

jglf One of the Regulars

Anyone have issues with communication because of language barrier? I inquired about them making a jacket I found on their Instagram but wasn’t on their website. The response I received was kind of jumbled and contradicted itself. It was very cordial, but I’m just concerned that there will be errors on a custom jacket bc of requests being lost in translation.

17. mtrlr

mtrlr One of the Regulars

I'm quite tempted by the longer jacket/coat, such as the car coat or the peacoat.

18. marker2037

marker2037 A-List Customer

Just reiterate again in the next email reply your specs and everything you want exactly.

Yes, the language is not perfect, but if you just politely repeat yourself and ask if it's understood then you'll be happier in the end knowing you are on the same page.

jonbuilder likes this.
  19. Monitor

Monitor

I really like the look of the thread Thedi is using. Much nicer than on most other jackets.