Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

There's A Real "Fedora Lounge" in Omaha!

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
We have two of them in Houston.:D

One on the West side of Houston, and one in my neighborhood.

FedoraLounge1.jpg

Prairie Shade

A-List Customer
OMAHA!! Slowly I turn

Why not, the home of Henry Fonda and Marlan Brando. Now a Fedora Lounge, why not. I'm in pursuit of Scotrace's post numbers

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
I wonder if anyone actually wears a fedora when they go there?

And if not, how would they react if a large group of fedora wearers were to walk in some evening?

SpitfireXIV

One of the Regulars
QUOTE: "There's always new and fresh faces to meet here... It's a good-looking, successful crowd wherever you turn"

sounds like some of us already have been there ;)

but, if anyone is serious about an invasion of the "Big O" (Omaha) i'm game. i haven't had a proper Godfather's pizza in ages...

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I wish we had an actual Fedora Lounge here in Boston. A bar decorated like the 1930's. I'm thinking 2 of two different options. One would be a speakeasy type of bar. A nice hangout for those who want to step back in time, enjoy a properly made Martini or Sidecar, listen to great music, coat racks and hat racks would be in abundance, and you could walk in dressed casual in khaki's and a Hollywood jacket, or dressed to the nines in top hat and tails, and nobody would give a darn what you were wearing!
The other option would be a 1930's style club, I've got visions of "The Coconut Grove" in my head. I think a club like this would go over so well in Boston, if it were in the right location. I'm thinking the theater district would be a good choice. Patrons wouldn't have to dress vintage, but it would be encouraged. There would definitely be some sort of dress code: no jeans, no T-shirts, no sneakers, no flip flops. Somewhat casual attire would be allowed but people should be discouraged from wearing it. A club where the guys in suits aren't the most dressed up in the room. We'd play only vintage and vintage style music, and feature live bands/orchestra's whenever possible. Knowing how to swing dance wouldn't be a necessity, any type of dancing would be fine, but we would offer an hour long dance lesson before the club gets going.
I know that places like this do exist in other areas, but we have nothing like it in Boston. A few years ago a club opened up, but I don't think it was in the best area, and I never heard them advertise, so they went out of business quite quickly. The right location and the right advertising are a must for any sort of entertainment venue to stay in business. Hmmmm, my wheels are officially spinning!! Oh if I could only be the one to attempt to make this happen! I guess the first thing to do would be to hire a company to do market research for me to see if something like this would actually thrive.

I think a meeting in Omaha would be fun, and like Neecerie said, it's pretty much the middle of the country so travel for the majority of us would be equidistant. I think it would be great to have a large group of guys walk into The Fedora Lounge donning there fedora's. Everyone would be dressed vintage, all looking our best. I think the people in Omaha would be blown away. They'd probably think we'd just landed from another planet!! I do wonder what possessed them to name the bar what they did, especially since it seems that it has nothing to do with the golden era....

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Daisy Buchanan said:
I wish we had an actual Fedora Lounge here in Boston. A bar decorated like the 1930's. I'm thinking 2 of two different options. One would be a speakeasy type of bar. A nice hangout for those who want to step back in time, enjoy a properly made Martini or Sidecar, listen to great music, coat racks and hat racks would be in abundance, and you could walk in dressed casual in khaki's and a Hollywood jacket, or dressed to the nines in top hat and tails, and nobody would give a darn what you were wearing!

You could open one....:rolleyes:

LD

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lady Day said:
You could open one....:rolleyes:

LD

I'd love to! Start sending me your donations!:D
But seriously, I have a close relative in the restaurant business. His best friend is a major club owner here in Boston. I'm honestly thinking of giving my cousin a call and just running the idea by him. But, I'm worried, even though he is family, that he'll mention the idea to his club owner friend, and he'll steel it:( I've learned from family and friends that opening a club, even in a major metropolis, is a very risky thing to do. On the one hand, I'd love to find a way to do it, but on the other hand if it fails it could really be detrimental to my future. But, I'm really thinking about it! If only I had one of those money trees in the backyard that my Dad always talked about:D

panamag8or

Practically Family
Travis said:
I like this idea. I like this idea a lot. I like this idea a lot more if we all can get rich off of it.

Then we send the money to Daisy, and she opens a vintage club in Boston....brilliant!

Nashoba

One Too Many
Daisy Buchanan said:
The other option would be a 1930's style club, I've got visions of "The Coconut Grove" in my head. I think a club like this would go over so well in Boston, if it were in the right location. I'm thinking the theater district would be a good choice. Patrons wouldn't have to dress vintage, but it would be encouraged. There would definitely be some sort of dress code: no jeans, no T-shirts, no sneakers, no flip flops. Somewhat casual attire would be allowed but people should be discouraged from wearing it. A club where the guys in suits aren't the most dressed up in the room. We'd play only vintage and vintage style music, and feature live bands/orchestra's whenever possible. Knowing how to swing dance wouldn't be a necessity, any type of dancing would be fine, but we would offer an hour long dance lesson before the club gets going.
I know that places like this do exist in other areas, but we have nothing like it in Boston. A few years ago a club opened up, but I don't think it was in the best area, and I never heard them advertise, so they went out of business quite quickly. The right location and the right advertising are a must for any sort of entertainment venue to stay in business. Hmmmm, my wheels are officially spinning!! Oh if I could only be the one to attempt to make this happen! I guess the first thing to do would be to hire a company to do market research for me to see if something like this would actually thrive.

It sounds to me like you have a business plan there Daisy.....:) I agree with LD...maybe you should be the one to open it :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR