Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

They all think I am mad

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Mahagonny Bill said:
Gabba Gabba Hey! Pleased to meet you, you're one of us! :p

You are doing alright. I don't know about Europe, but in the U.S. I'm seeing more and more people wearing hats. If your friends and family don't quite get it that's OK, you're just ahead of the curve.

Welcome to the Lounge.:eusa_clap

Hi Bill - have you seen anyone in Seattle wearing vintage felt fedoras? (I see lots of nice straws) I've only seen one vintage felt, worn by a guy playing blues near the market. Kind of surprising in a city where anything goes.

Everyone is used to my fedoras now, but come Wednesday they will have to get used to my Buddy Holly glasses as well.

Mahagonny Bill

Practically Family
ScottF said:
Hi Bill - have you seen anyone in Seattle wearing vintage felt fedoras? (I see lots of nice straws) I've only seen one vintage felt, worn by a guy playing blues near the market. Kind of surprising in a city where anything goes.
I commute via bus across town from Queen Anne to SoDO and back, so I see a good cross section of the city. I would estimate that I see 3 to 4 people each day wearing a brimmed hat. I have seen a few vintage fedoras in various states of repair, but the majority are straw hats and Tilley's. However, that might be because it's summer and things could change come the fall. I have also been noticing that cloth trilbys are very popular with 'tween to twenty-something crowd.

ScottF said:
Everyone is used to my fedoras now, but come Wednesday they will have to get used to my Buddy Holly glasses as well.
Sweet! I think that's going to look great! If anyone gives you a "Clark Kent" crack, remember DC3's "Thanks Jimmy" line ;)

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Kreissaege said:
Thank you all!
Yesterday, hatsdirect dispatched my CD in Glen grey:D

I think you will be very pleased with that one. I have one from HD as well and it is very nice. Good luck and enjoy the creasing!

babs

A-List Customer
Interesting update to my day1 outting.. I'm fascinated at the positive reactions. By other men, none.. Couldn't care less. Fine by me, of course.
But from the fairer sex, a shocking bit of approval from surprising sources.

For new guys considering a nice fed as part of the attire, fear not, take the plunge, worst case scenario you might hear "Now that's hot!!" said with exuberance an enthusiasm from a coworker gal you've never even talked to and certainly didn't expect that kind of response from and be faced with the unforeseen speechless state of embarrassment. :) Oh well. Humility disclaimer: I blame the dunlap stingy-brim.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Kreissaege said:
I have worn real dress jackets and coats when I was young, around the 80s. Unfortunately I have outgrown them all, including all my good shoes ever since.
So its the bog standard casual/outdoor stuff til I close the lid over me.

No, I mean the one in your avatar, I guess it's a full length coat lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW