Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thinning out collection - what to keep!

scotiasteve

New in Town
Sell all of them and get a couple from a better brand :D

...but on a serious note, it's pretty hard to choose between 12 jackets. I only have 2 right now and I don't even have a 3rd one in mind haha :D

Even if you had 12 from a brand I adored, I would still advise to sell at least half of them just so you'll actually use some of them more.

I really would just like one or two. The A2 is my most worn, I find the horween a little heavy. The sheepskin is used occasionally in winter, max 4 times since I got it.

What do you mean: "Who to give the rest to"?

And what sizes are they?

I thought of giving away to friends and family, I sold one but it's a bit much hassle. Size 44, but some vary slightly in cut as you know.

scotiasteve

New in Town
Some of those jackets look unworn, like they’ve just come out of the stockroom. One even has the label still on it. Amazing!

Yes, it doesn't quite suit me. I've worn 1/2 of them less than a couple of times or not at all.

I went through an obsessive collecting phase, but it seems silly just to have them sitting there.

When they first started I met them at a bike show and picked up the Norweigan horse hide (black roadster), and liked the jackets so got a few more over the next year. But it was originally Aero I wanted before I met them, the Highwayman in particular in brown horween horse hide with Stuart tartan liner or brown moleskin.

The jackets are great, but I just don't have the need for so many :) And I can't be bothered with Ebay so they will end up given away.

Giving them away would be a lovely gesture. It would surely make your friends and family happy and you as well. I've found that when I have more than 3 jackets they become a burden. Don't wear them and feel guilty having all that $$ wrapped up in the closet. I've also found that, even when I have a closet full, I generally grab the same one or two jackets...
It's just as @dudewuttheheck pointed out. Have less and wear more.

scotiasteve

New in Town
Giving them away would be a lovely gesture. It would surely make your friends and family happy and you as well. I've found that when I have more than 3 jackets they become a burden. Don't wear them and feel guilty having all that $$ wrapped up in the closet. I've also found that, even when I have a closet full, I generally grab the same one or two jackets...
It's just as @dudewuttheheck pointed out. Have less and wear more.

I agree, it just feels wrong. I got them for a good price, don't get me wrong, but still, it's not the money, it's just not using them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart