Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This generation of kids...

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Looks like somebody flunked geometry. :p

800px-Fed_Square.jpg

Musta been designed by this guy:

3425789699_c30806a717_o_1239286903.jpg

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
And the Blues started the Greens?
No, not even close.
That would be the yellow and blues that started the greens. :D
BTW, what I've noticed by watching so many old tv shows, is that kids back then (even up to the late 70's) didn't want to be irresponsible, for fear of being "those kids." Well now "those kids" are in the majority, because the parents didn't take the time to TEACH THEM manners. School isn't the place for manners, unless it's a reform school.

BTW, what I've noticed by watching so many old tv shows, is that kids back then (even up to the late 70's) didn't want to be irresponsible, for fear of being "those kids." Well now "those kids" are in the majority, because the parents didn't take the time to TEACH THEM manners. School isn't the place for manners, unless it's a reform school.

The problem is that the "those kids" are now the good ones who don't screw up on purpose all the time. The majority now have so many celebrity role models that are putrid when it comes to manners and class so what do you expect?
Any Shirley Temples and Beaver Cleavers on TV or movies now? Forgetaboutit.

Paul Roerich

"A List" Customer
Any Shirley Temples and Beaver Cleavers on TV or movies now?

Nope. And no Frank "Junior" Coghlans onscreen, either. (Remember the 1933-'34 "Frolics of Youth" educational series? Me neither, but they're still worth watching.)

[video=youtube_share;n6fBlW_5YmI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6fBlW_5YmI[/video]

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I saw an article recently that said Honey Boo Boo (a pint-sized obnoxious six-year-old on the TLC channel) is this generation's Shirley Temple. I do believe my jaw literally dropped at that.

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I saw an article recently that said Honey Boo Boo (a pint-sized obnoxious six-year-old on the TLC channel) is this generation's Shirley Temple. I do believe my jaw literally dropped at that.

As deplorable as that is (and it is), I never much cared for Shirley Temple, either. [huh]

m0nk

One Too Many
As deplorable as that is (and it is), I never much cared for Shirley Temple, either. [huh]
Not to mention that the worst thing you can do to a child in this day and age is throw them in front of a camera, give them fame, and expect them to grow up properly. It's tough enough to raise kids in a fairly normal life...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theartboxstore