Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

this is a question for the men

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
I am looking out at this audience
PHOTO+-+CHICAGO+-+CIVIC+OPERA+HOUSE+-+INTERIOR+-+CROWD+-+1960.jpg

inside this building
yaj357.jpg

Dr Kilroy

One of the Regulars
I am an old-fashioned harpsichordist and organist listening to some swing gramophone records in his apartament. (If it would take place a bit sooner, it would be definitely Raymond Scott Quintette!)

Best regards, Dr

Justin B

One Too Many
I can see a couple different lives for me.

First possibility - I'd be one of the nieghborhood boys walking the fine edge of a life of crime...or pulled in deeper seduced by fast cars and flashy duds.

Second - Up and coming automotive designer hard on the heels of Harley Earl looking to make the move to the Motor City.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I'm a coffee taster for the government.
Oh wait, that's what I am now. :D
I'd be a radio actor, doing a bit of singing and acting ala Dennis Day.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Oh Rue.....
There is a misconception that most government employees sit around and drink coffee all day.
At one time I did drink 14 cups a day by myself, and I was (and still am) with a government entity.
Pure coincidence, along with donuts being brought in every few days. Another coincidence I swear! :D

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I've given that answer though, when people ask me "what do you do around here?"
I'm a taste tester for Folgers and I'm assigned to this department....

Edward

Bartender
I've just simultaneously completed my thirteenth year as a law professor and inherited a large nightclub in the centre of town. After years of living in a pokey little one-bedroom, the cats and I are finally moving into a spacious penthouse above the club. It's nicely soundproofed so if I happen to go to bed before closing time, I'll never be disturbed. I am the owner, but day to day management of the club is done by Sam, the only man ever known to have left the mob and gone straight while still maintaining the respect of The Boys, which stops us being hassled. We gain protection out of respect, not through paying for it. The club's new ownership has cause a stir - I've always been thought of as kinda eccentric, both within academic circles (I'm certainly a flamboyant dresser, and now that I own a booming club and can afford my choice of tailors....), and more broadly. I've long been known to the press (and certain corners of the mob who know they can seek legal advice from me with regards to the legitimate business ends of their operations without being asked questions about the other elements) as an expert on certain areas of law, and even was interviewed on the radio once or twice when big libel or obscenity cases came up in town. I've built up something of a reputation locally as a stage actor and cabaret performer on the amateur circuit; now that I am independent financially, I am about to make the jump from full-time academia to trying my hand at making a proper go of this performing thing. A contact on a local radio station is arranging for me to fill in for one of their regulars who just retired, to see how it goes....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner