This isn’t mine but boy I love it... but can’t have it

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by james duby, Aug 6, 2020.

1. james duby

james duby New in Town

This jacket has been on eBay for a while. I’ve copied the title if you want to search for it - “AERO LEATHER Jacket Outer Coat Veste des Rallye Men's Size 36 Brown Genuine USED“. I love this thing but you’ll notice the wax coming out of the hide and the price. I think it’s too high. It’s too small for me but I can’t help be curious about the condition and price. If it were priced differently, much lower, I might risk it. Anyone have thoughts?
    [​IMG]

2. Guppy

Guppy My Mail is Forwarded Here

Why not post a link and make it easier?

I looked it up. Nice looking leather, but a broken button. Shouldn't be any more than $500 in its condition. Japanese sellers on ebay always seem to be very overpriced. On Yahoo Japan this would probably go for $40000-50000¥.

dannyk likes this.
  3. james duby

james duby New in Town

Are the oils coming out an issue? There seem to be some conflicting views on the internet about what to do about it.

4. jacketjunkie

jacketjunkie One Too Many

Aeros longer coats don't sell (very well) at all. Even in new condition, you're lucky to get like 50% of new price. This coat has tons of wear. And trust me, that alpaca lining is gonna smell like the previous owner for forever. That jacket is worth 400 USD, no more.

5. james duby

james duby New in Town

Oh nice! That’s a couple of points in the control yourself column

6. jonbuilder

jonbuilder One Too Many

should not this be posted on the deals and finds thread?

7. james duby

james duby New in Town

I had a little debate with myself and wasn’t sure. I didn’t think it was a deal and may not have been a find either so I figured “someone’s selling it.” Sorry if I got the post in the wrong place.

8. jonbuilder

jonbuilder One Too Many

No problem just good practice to not get too much clutter and have been around long Wellcome