Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This or That

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
That is not what most people picture when they think of a horn. :p Most of them think of the original Edisons. :p

I am not " most people" , and neither, I suspect are you.

By the way, the clarity of a good 2 minute wax cylinder or a nice Blue Amberol greatly exceeds that of most of those mushy 1920's cone speakers.

You don't like musicals? Neither do I like most of the post- Rogers and Hammerstein stuff, but enjoy the frothy reviews and insubstantial book shows of the 'teens, 'twenties and 'thirties.

Last edited:

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Truman did a dead-on impersonation of Kaltenborn for the rest of his life, declaring that "there-is-ab-sa-lut-a-ley-no-way-that-Mr.-Truman-will-hold-his-er-ly-lead-in-the-re-turns."

Kaltenborn was an elderly man by 1948 -- he was 70 years old, and well past his prime by then.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
X-Files. Never seen Fringe.

Lady Gaga or Madonna?

Gaga without hesitation. The girl can sing, even if she chooses a style I don't particularly care for. She sounds great with jazz.

White or red rose?

You don't like musicals? Neither do I like most of the post- Rogers and Hammerstein stuff, but enjoy the frothy reviews and insubstantial book shows of the 'teens, 'twenties and 'thirties.

None of those things. I just never experienced a case in life where I wanted to run around singing and dancing in response to a question or just to reply. And definitely not in the Rain. :p

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
None of those things. I just never experienced a case in life where I wanted to run around singing and dancing in response to a question or just to reply. And definitely not in the Rain. :p
like Ukelele Ike and the Brox Sisters?

In reply to Yeps, Red Rose, though I'm partial to Little Squealers (
Jack Rose Cigars,)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL