Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This or That

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
Tri-ergon!

Naw. Actually Vitaphone. Much more trouble for folks in your line of work, I suppose, but so much less distortion for those of us in the seats.

Iron-rite or Thor?

ChiTownScion

Call Me a Cab
Ironrite, even though mine came from Monkey Ward's.

Easy or Maytag?

You're the expert, Lizzie, but from what I see I'll go with Easy. Those wringers still frighten me: when my mother was washing my kid sister's diapers she'd tell me about how her mom once got her hand caught in a wringer: I was convinced that if I stepped too close to it I'd end up as a Pediatric Unit Pancake.
Maytag vs Easy.jpg

Oxydol or Tide?

Electric - my very Golden Era Dad owned a small appliance store with his mother in the '30s - '60s and they sold electric razors so that is what he taught me to shave with. The idea of taking a blade to may face seems beyond crazy to me (yet I know that is how it was done for thousands of year and is done by many today). And in "Mr and Mrs Smith" - a 1942 atypical Hitchcock movie (and many others of the era) - there is a scene with a man using an electric shaver (that looked like a small brick with an electric cords attached) so it is part of the Golden Era.

Butter or margarine (or some other butter "substitute")?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot