Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This or That

women singing in my ear as she serves me a margarita-on-the-rocks or whisky neat! :D

Dining out at a Chinese diner or a turkey feast at home ? :p

Turkey feast at home

Order in Chinese food or eating it out?
New York pizza. :p

Dark or white turkey meat ?

White meat turkey (I know the dark meat has more fat and hence, in theory, flavor, but it doesn't work for me - I like the "clean" taste of the white meat).

Orange juice or grapefruit juice? (If you are of the Golden Era or a kid of GE parents, those were your juice options in many households (I'm sure there were exceptions.)

Squeezed at home is ridiculously better (the same for lemonade), but being honest, we rarely, but occasionally, do it for orange juice, but regularly do it for lemonade in the summer.

Pretzel rods, pretzel nuggets or the classic "twisted loop" pretzel?

Classic Pretzel

Being that I'm on a Wyatt Earp kick right now.
The Best Doc Holliday: Val Kilmer (Tombstone) or Dennis Quaid (Wyatt Earp)?

Hard choice, but I'd give the nod to Kilmer in this one (and it might just be because he was in the better version of the movie or because Quaid always seems to me to be a bit too much Dennis Quaid just playing a part).

"The Bishop's Wife" or "Miracle on 34th Street?" Both are basically faith-doubting redemption movies.

"A Christmas Carol" I like the Alastair Sim and George C Scott ones a lot, but enjoy most versions.

Peanuts Christmas Special or "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas" TV special?

The night before as it is one of the few times that there isn't something left "to do," and my girlfriend, her parents and I have a quiet dinner and you can feel the calmness coming over all of us. It's one of my favorite nights because we aren't "planning" and it becomes just a fun, easy evening where we usually sit by the fire afterwards and just talk and catch up (we only get out to see them once - or twice - a year, so it's nice to just talk).

In a similar vein: New Years Eve or New Years Day?

Fried-eggs with chip-potatoes (not sure what they are, but man hasn't invented a bad way to do potatoes).

French Fries - crinkle cut or straight (regular, McDonald-type fries)?

@Fading Fast

Chip-potatoes means these, like "german Bratkartoffeln". http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...form=QBIR&pq=bratkartoffeln&sc=8-14&sp=-1&sk=

@LizzieMaine

Now, I know, what poutine is. So I choose the first one.

Crumb-cake or apple-pie? :D

Those potatoes look awesome (and support my argument that man has never invented a bad way to prepare potatoes).

Crumb-cake (assuming the crumb-to-cake ratio is high).

(But to show my love of apple pie):

Apple pie, Apple pie with crumbs on top, or Apple pie with cheddar cheese baked in (somebody was on his game the day that was thought up)?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner