Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This week we honor...

Wild Root

Gone Home
Don Knotts. We just lost a great man this week. Actor Don Knotts know as Deputy Barney Fife on the Andy Griffith Show also know as Land Lord Mr. Furley died this week. I loved his movies and his TV shows. The Andy Griffith show was great because of Andy and Don's acting. Don really made the show for me. I'll miss this man who gave me many laughs and his humble nature will live for ever.

Remembering Don Knotts.

knottsdon.jpg

=WR=

Doh!

One Too Many
I tried to find the exact quote but was unsuccessful, but to me his funniest bit is still in the first episode of "Andy Griffith" when he was first appointed deputy:

"It's an honor to wear this badge. I know you looked high and low and picked the most qualified, best man for the job. And I want to thank you for that, Cousin Andy."

(If anyone knows the real quote, PLEASE post it!)

Wild Root

Gone Home
Some of the best bits I recall are from The Andy Griffith show. The one when he's trying to make him self taller is also great! He's just hanging in the closet with his head in that brace and reading a newspaper!

Classic!

=WR=

Hondo

One Too Many
Watch a classic "No Time for Sergeants", Don Knotts and Andy Griffith together for the first time, one of the most funniest films ever made about Army/Air Force basic training life, plus you throw in a young Nick Adams, hard to believe this is not out on DVD, what a pity.

Braney: "Way to go, Anj..."

Heckler in "The Ghost and Mr. Chicken": That a boy Luther! :cheers1:

Hondo

One Too Many
Doh! said:
I tried to find the exact quote but was unsuccessful, but to me his funniest bit is still in the first episode of "Andy Griffith" when he was first appointed deputy:

"It's an honor to wear this badge. I know you looked high and low and picked the most qualified, best man for the job. And I want to thank you for that, Cousin Andy."

(If anyone knows the real quote, PLEASE post it!)

From Amazon.com, Still looking:cool:

Widower Sheriff Andy and his son Opie live with Andy's Aunt Bee in Mayberry NC. With virtually no crimes to solve, most of Andy's time is spent philosophizing and calming down his cousin Deputy Barney.

CWetherby

One of the Regulars
According to "The Andy Griffith Show Book" by Ken Beck and Jim Clark:

"You see, Andy, I want the folks in this town to realize that you picked me to be your deputy because you, well, you looked over all the candidates for the job, and you judged their qualifications and their character and their ability, and you come to the fair, the just, and the honest conclusion that I was the best suited for the job. And I want to thank you, cousin Andy."

There was no one quite like Barney!

cherrypinupgal

New in Town
I have always been and always will be a huge Andy Griffith/ Don Knotts fan. I have to pay my respects and say R.I.P. Don Knotts.:cry:

"Like they always say...the quality of mercy is not strained, it droppeth like a gentle dew from Heaven...well, you're not talking to a jerk you know!" - Barney

"Boy, giraffes are selfish! Always running around, getting hit by lightning, looking out for number one..." - Barney

"Man gets his best suit spotted and pressed, spends two hours polishing his hat, and for what? Heartaches!" - Barney

cycle.jpg

Doh!

One Too Many
CWetherby said:
According to "The Andy Griffith Show Book" by Ken Beck and Jim Clark:

"You see, Andy, I want the folks in this town to realize that you picked me to be your deputy because you, well, you looked over all the candidates for the job, and you judged their qualifications and their character and their ability, and you come to the fair, the just, and the honest conclusion that I was the best suited for the job. And I want to thank you, cousin Andy."

There was no one quite like Barney!
Tamara

Thanks SO MUCH for finding and posting that, Tamara -- much funnier than I remembered. And here's another gem:

"Nip it! Nip it in the bud!"

CWetherby

One of the Regulars
Here's another one:

"Listen, an IQ can be a mixed blessing sometimes. Some people want it and can't get it. I got it and had to get rid of it. Life's funny that way, you know?"
--Barney

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart