Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thoughts on the Schott 90th anniversary Perfecto?

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The zipper pull is cool, but us laypeople are getting priced out into oblivion.

See you on the catwalk.
Agreed. Just checking their site, though, I really like that new 237 MA-1 Bomber jacket. Last night I found almost the exact same design, (mid-Sixties, I'm guessing) in perfect shape on Etsy in reddish-brown suede. I've been looking for one for ages and there it was for about $100.00. Ah, small victories! And no seam going down the back.

Last edited:

regius

Speaking of limited edition perfecto, I wonder if anyone knows this 125 I just got. It’s through & through a 125, the beltless Perfecto with side laces。however, the 125 traditionally has a zip out & is made from cowhide, but the seller on ebay, USALeather, says it’s steer & that this one has a diamond quilted maroon lining just like that on the Trojan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

regius

ba75b6bd8fca1aeaf54d43615f338781.jpg
0297493cebdc929d25c9690b098aaffa.jpg

regius

My experience with many schott tells me the leather is cow but due to this unique lining, wondering if it could be a limited run

Edward

Bartender
My understanding was that Schott say steer when they mean chrome tanned, and cowhide when they mean 'naked'. Not sure if that holds good on specials, though.

I see they're still mounting the belt too high.

Maybe it's to do with the overlong body? Body length in the photo of it actually being worn on the site looks to be anywhere from 28 to 29". Rather too long for this style to look right to my eye. YMMV, of course. When the marketing implies it's just like back in the day, though, I find that off putting.

dannyk

One Too Many
Yeah Schott and their cow/steer labeling is very lame and unduly confusing. But @Edward is mostly correct. Steer is used when their is a topcoat, they say cow for their naked. So for example the 618/613 would be labeled steer. The 118 is cow because it is “naked.”

regius

The “steer” are substantially stiffer, while the naked cow is soft and creases easily. I’d like to believe there’s more to coating, or the coat would be very thick...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner