Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Three CLASSIC LL Bean Field jackets. M, L, XL. FREE SHIPPING, OFFERS WELCOME!

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
The Field Jacket is THE classic American item of outerwear for Fall, the warmer Winter days, and Spring, and L.L. Bean make the definitive iconic version. I'm very pleased to offer three L.L. Bean Field Jackets, all with the desirable button-in liner.

PLEASE NOTE: I have listed these coats in posts below, so as not to clog up the main page with multiple sales posts!

General description:

Introduced in 1924, the Field Coat by L.L. Bean was originally designed for hunting, but its extreme versatility quickly took it out of the woods, and it's just as likely to be seen on the streets of the Upper East Side or Boston Common as it is deep in the Maine woods.

The outer shell is rugged two-ply cotton canvas, treated to be water resistant; the collar and cuffs are 16-wale corduroy for comfort and abrasion resistance. The jacket itself is designed for function. It features a deep lamb-chop pocket on either side at the front; the flap of this is the bottom of the upper lamb-chop pocket that is placed directly above it; a highly functional and innovative design. The jacket has a zipped breast security pocket, and a bi-swing back; both of the shoulders are reinforced. The coat fastens with oversize buttons, ideal for use in the cold.

Each coat is complete with its original tartan Primaloft button-in liner; the M and L coats also come complete with all of their original spare buttons!

1) Size M Forest Green Field Jacket.

This has a very small white mark on the leading edge of the placket; this can hardly be seen when worn. Otherwise, this is in excellent condition.

Asking just $35, boxed and shipped in the USA.

Measurements:

Chest: 23
Sleeves (measured like a shirt): 34
Length (bottom of collar): 30 7/8

MORE PICTURES BELOW!

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
2) Size L. Classic Golden Wheat Field Jacket.

This is in excellent condition.

Asking just $35, boxed and shipped in the USA.

Measurements
:

Chest: 26
Sleeve: 35
Length: 31 3/8

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
3) XL Cream Field Jacket.

This has a minor blemish on the edge of the lower front pocket at the left, and is missing a button; it has all of its spares and so I will have the missing item replaced before shipping. This also has some minor blemishes on the front, commensurate with wear. Very Good condition.

Asking just $29, boxed and shipped in the USA.

Measurements:

Chest: 28
Sleeve: 37 1/2
Length: 34

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy