Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Three Skeleton Key?!?!?!

mike

Call Me a Cab
Three Skeleton Key with Vincent Price! Anyone heard this wonderful radio show?! Man-oh-man whadda tail! :eek: :p
It is hands down the creepiest old time radio show I've ever heard!
I also have an lp of it put out in the 70's but it's with an entirely different cast, it's not bad, but the Vincent Price one makes me feel uncomfortably constrained outdoors in daylight even...

I haven't heard it Mike but thanks for the heads up! I'll have to see if I can track it down. I know a lot of people with huge OTR collections so I'll see if any of them have it. What's the premise?

mike

Call Me a Cab
oh you know, same basic set up, guy meets light house, lives in light house, light house gets hit by derelict ship swarming with flesh eating starving rats, light house gets covered in swarm of rats for days on end, light house workers go stark raving mad. :D

Oh sure, your average run-of-the-mill plot ;) It might have been slightly inspired by Nosferatu, seeing as how the ship was rat-infested. I could be reaching though lol

Sunny

One Too Many
Aaaah!! :eek:

I've listened to a LOT of shows and I don't scare easily. This one had me shaking all over. When it was finished and I tried to walk around, I was still trembling. I've never had that reaction to anything else.*

I believe there were at least three versions of it broadcast. Mine is from Escape! from 1950; it was repeated in 1953 IIRC because so many people wrote to them.

*Well, except for the movie Where Eagles Dare, but that's comparing apples and oranges.

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Another creepy Vincent Price radio episode is "Fugue in C Minor".:eek:
I had it on a cassette with "The House in Cypress Canyon" starring Robert Taylor as the B side. They both raised my hackles.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
The Wolf said:
Another creepy Vincent Price radio episode is "Fugue in C Minor".:eek:
I had it on a cassette with "The House in Cypress Canyon" starring Robert Taylor as the B side. They both raised my hackles.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

OOOH! I love "Fugue in C Minor", have that one in my collection too!

Sunny

One Too Many
I don't remember "Fugue," although the name sounds familiar, but I do remember "The House in Cypress Canyon." Eep!

mike

Call Me a Cab
LizzieMaine said:
"Three Skeleton Key" makes a lovely companion piece to "Leinegen Vs. The Ants." If that combination doesn't get you calling the exterminator, nothing will.

I've read that short story, it's surprisingly good! I love old weird tales and sci fi from pre-WW2! Is Leinegen Vs the Ants done as a radio play anywhere...?

Sunny

One Too Many
mike said:
I've read that short story, it's surprisingly good! I love old weird tales and sci fi from pre-WW2! Is Leinegen Vs the Ants done as a radio play anywhere...?

There are both Escape! and Suspense versions available. If you can't find one, post here and I'll upload one (or both!) to my site for you.

mike

Call Me a Cab
Sunny said:
There are both Escape! and Suspense versions available. If you can't find one, post here and I'll upload one (or both!) to my site for you.

Sure! That sounds great I'd love to hear them! thank you thank you! :D

Sunny

One Too Many
Ask, and ye shall receive! :D

I've found no fewer than four different Escape! and Suspense broadcasts, but all seem to use the same script. Here's the best audio quality version I've found, from Escape! on January 14, 1948:

Lengingen vs the Ants

mike

Call Me a Cab
Thanks so much for posting this! Finally got to download it and listen to it undisturbed. It's got a lot going for it, I really enjoy that they attempted this story although reading it is a lot more creepy. But on a a dark night driving around this really hit the spot, thanks again!

Sunny

One Too Many
You're welcome! If there's another some time you'd like to hear, just let me know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred