Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Three vintage Stratoliners, size 7-1/8

VetPsychWars

A-List Customer
I have three vintage Stetson Stratoliners available. Prices do not include shipping.

Brown, pre-war. Recently cleaned and reblocked. Sweatband replaced. Lightweight felt, no liner, airplane pin. $200

brownstrat.jpg

Cadet Blue, post-war. Recently cleaned and reblocked. Original sweat and liner. Very rare color. Pin not included. $300

strat1.jpg

Blue-Grey, post-war. Nearly NOS. Reblocked. Original sweat and liner. Pin not included. $200

bluegreystrat.jpg

Serious inquiries, contact me for more pictures. All were blocked on a vintage Stetson C-crown block that maximized the height of the crown. (I will add newer pictures Tuesday night.) Plenty of stiffener still in these hats, you can easily reshape them any way you want. For those who think they should be soft: that's not how they came from the factory. The brims have a healthy snap to them, it's almost like wearing a new hat.

You will not find a group of nicer, cleaner Stratoliners in less-common colors.

Tom

Last edited:
Interesting collection. Interior pictures would probably pique interest. Which war is the first one pre? Is there or was there evidence of a tip sticker?

VetPsychWars

A-List Customer
Interesting collection. Interior pictures would probably pique interest. Which war is the first one pre? Is there or was there evidence of a tip sticker?

Yes, the brown one has a tip sticker and no liner. Before WWII.

If a serious buyer asks for more pictures, I'll take them. Good pictures take a while.

As an added incentive... if you buy more than one, I'll give you a deal.

Tom

VetPsychWars

A-List Customer
A little additional information: after cleaning, the brown and blue were also reflanged on a vintage flange that was stamped Stratoliner... so the brim curl is proper for the hat.

(The blue-grey was basically NOS, didn't need anything except a brushing.)

Tom

tommyK

One Too Many
Benzadmiral, you're lucky! At size 7 there are a lot of Strats in your size maybe even cheaper but, Vet's are nice and worth what he's asking. I'm surprised they're still available

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy